Festival Video Producer and Editor, Content
Sundance Film FestivalRemote, US
Full Time Job
The Festival Video Producer and Editor, Content is charged with executing marketing video content, such as Meet the Artist videos, Daily Recaps, and How to Fest videos assigned by the Creative Producer and Content Editor related to the 2023 Sundance Film Festival.
Working closely under the direction of the Creative Producer, the Festival Video Producer and Editor, Content supports Sundance Institute's commitment to creating content that highlights the needed work of independent filmmakers, and the resources that Sundance provides these artists.
This temporary position works full time from Monday, November 21, 2022 through Tuesday, January 31, 2023 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This position is based out of our Park City, Utah office and will be expected to perform onsite work duties as of Tuesday, January 17, 2022. Employees may start in a commutable distance to Park City, UT or remotely from a state we currently legally operate in, until the required onsite work date listed above.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Editing assignments using Adobe Premiere and companion applications while maintaining disciplined project, sequence, and file management skills.
• Collaborating with stakeholders, creative teams, and Festival personnel on all projects to generate high-quality marketing materials.
• Working with the Creative Content team to monitor production schedules to deliver initial cuts ahead of due dates, in order to allow adequate time for revisions prior to deadlines.
• Receiving and routing feedback and racking revisions for assigned content.
• Preparing assets for delivery with all requested accessibility measures and basic technical finishing.
• Aiding the Creative Content team in producing duties as needed: getting approvals, gathering needed assets, etc.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years of related experience in video editing.
• A strong understanding of both commercial video structure and current aesthetic trends.
• High level of knowledge producing marketing materials for the digital space.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and companion applications.
• Ability to work with basic motion graphics.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Collaborate and communicate effectively within your Creative team.
• Ask questions and proactively seek out the answers you need.
• Effectively prioritize and coordinate projects, keeping things organized to meet deadlines.
• Enjoy creating video content that spotlights independent artists and their work.
In addition to an hourly pay of $24.17, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program