Festival Manager, Warehouse
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 10/17/2023 2:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Search for Festival Manager, Warehouse jobs in Park City-UT
Search all Festival Manager, Warehouse postings
Full Time Job
The Festival Manager, Warehouse is charged with overseeing the Sundance Institute warehouse and other storage spaces, which includes shipping and receiving duties, inventory control, equipment moves, and truck loading and unloading.
Working closely under the direction of Manager, Onsite Technical Production, the Warehouse Manager supports Sundance Institute's commitment to ensuring a safe and successful Festival experience for all artists, audiences, partners, employees, and volunteers.
This temporary position works full time from Wednesday, November 1, 2023 through Friday, February 16, 2024 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This position is based out of our Park City, UT office location in order to work onsite in a hybrid capacity throughout its employment.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Outlining plans for inventory storage, cleaning, organizing, and safety for warehouse and tech storage spaces.
• Ensuring warehouse, print office, and tech storage spaces are prepped and ready before load-in deadline.
• Conducting pre- and post-Festival inventory and continuously tracking items stored in all Festival storage spaces.
• Creating and updating warehouse training materials and conducting trainings for various stakeholders.
• Setting warehouse timelines and creating written procedures for the warehouse, including for receiving, shipping, distribution, and safety protocols.
• Providing constant communication with internal departments regarding warehouse logistics, including allocation needs and delivery schedules.
• Creating a storage plan and sets requirements to accommodate returned Festival equipment, supplies, tech and print items, merchandise, sponsor items, etc. to the warehouse.
• Supervising the Festival Warehouse Coordinator and volunteers to ensure successful operations; including selecting and training highly effective individuals, providing direction, feedback, mentorship, and support to ensure they understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles.
• Managing venue replenishment needs such as publications, sponsor items, purified water, etc.
• Managing venue janitorial needs and maintaining a clean working environment in all warehouse spaces.
• Assisting the Tech Department with shipping equipment as needed.
• Supporting the Merchandise Department with shipping and all other space needs.
• Supporting the Marketing Department in receiving, inventorying, and delivery of all marketing assets.
• Managing the use of the shared Festival vehicle by other departments including Production, Merchandise, Tech, and Marketing.
• Ensuring the warehouse, print, and tech spaces are clean and organized at all times.
• Driving 16' to 24' box trucks with lift gates as needed.
• Completing a comprehensive written wrap report.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of MVR background check.
• Department of Transportation (DOT) physical card or ability to pass the DOT physical exam in order to obtain one upon the start of employment.
• 3 years experience managing warehouse operations or related.
• Strong leadership skills with a background that includes managing people.
• Conflict resolution skills and the ability to manage stressful situations.
• Outstanding communication skills required to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Able to move and lift items that weigh 50-75 lbs chest high.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of inventory and stock principles preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Strive toward operational excellence and problem-solve within your work so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Mentor and motivate those you are leading and bring the team together around common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Provide safe and organized workspaces to facilitate the movement and storage of all equipment.
• Use project management skills and strong organizational skills to keep yourself and your team accountable for meeting deadlines and milestones.
• Successfully stay within the approved fiscal year budget for all areas of responsibility.
In addition to a weekly pay of $1,069.62, this position is eligible for benefits & perks, highlights include:
• Paid sick leave and Institute holidays
• Employee assistance program
• Employee Wellness Initiatives
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)