Festival Manager, Logistics
Sundance Film FestivalRemote, US
This was removed by the employer on 10/5/2022 9:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Search for Festival Manager, Logistics jobs in Remote-US
Search all Festival Manager, Logistics postings
Full Time Job
The Festival Manager, Logistics is charged with managing Festival cell phones, radios, uniforms, and other incentives for distribution during Sundance Film Festival check-in. This position will have one direct report to assist in facilitating Festival Logistics.
Working closely under the direction of the Senior Manager Transportation and Production Operations, the Festival Manager, Logistics supports Sundance Institute's commitment to fulfilling the vision of a successful and positive in-person Festival experience for all artists and patrons.
This temporary position works full time from Wednesday, November 2, 2022 through Friday, February 10, 2023 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This position is based out of our Park City, Utah office and will be expected to perform onsite work duties as of Wednesday, November 30, 2022. Employees may start in a commutable distance to Park City, UT or remotely from a state we currently legally operate in, until the required onsite work date listed above.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Managing equipment needs by reviewing vendor contracts to confirm delivery dates, return deadlines, and inventory numbers are accurate.
• Managing seasonal employees and volunteers, including selecting and training highly effective employees and volunteers, providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure they understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles.
• Updating the Festival Logistics Database on a regular basis to maintain accurate records.
• Providing continual updates to internal stakeholders on equipment and corporate incentive inventory.
• Planning and coordinating receiving, distributing, tracking, and collecting logistic equipment (phones, radios, etc.) for the Festival.
• Scheduling and facilitating various radio training sessions for employees and volunteers.
• Serving as the main point of contact for radio and cell phone needs and helping to troubleshoot while providing a timely response to inquiries and issues.
• Constructing and distributing the Sundance phone number directory ''Yellow Pages'' and the Special Theater Operations (STOP) team directory ''Green Pages''.
• Planning, setting-up, and maintaining the Festival uniform room and managing its inventory by tracking and maintaining counts of all items being distributed.
• Scheduling and meeting with each department to review logistics needs for next year's Festival and preparing a written report before the last day of employment.
• Providing a detailed wrap report of work completed, procedures, and operations of position.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 3 years operational planning and implementation experience or related.
• Leadership skills with a background that includes managing people.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products preferred.
• Knowledge of Park City and Salt Lake City is a plus.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Exude operational excellence and problem-solve within your work so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Effectively manage and motivate those you are leading and rally the team around common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Effectively use project management tactics and strong organizational skills to keep the team accountable for meeting deadlines.
In addition to a weekly pay of $1,069.62, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program