Festival Coordinator, Video Post-Production
Sundance Film FestivalRemote, US
Full Time Job
The Festival Coordinator, Video Post-Production is charged with coordinating marketing video projects for the Creative Content Team related to the 2023 Sundance Film Festival.
Working closely under the direction of the Creative Content Editor, the Festival Video Post-Production Coordinator supports Sundance Institute's commitment to creating content that highlights the needed work of independent filmmakers, and the resources that Sundance provides these artists.
This temporary position works full time from Monday, October 24, 2022 through Tuesday, January 31, 2023 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This position is based out of our Park City, Utah office and may be expected to perform onsite work duties as of Tuesday, January 17, 2023. Employees may start in a commutable distance to Park City, UT or remotely from a state we currently legally operate in, until the required onsite work date listed above.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Collaborating with stakeholders, creative teams, and Festival personnel on all projects to generate high quality videos within designated timelines.
• Working with the Creative Content team to monitor production schedules to deliver initial cuts ahead of due dates, in order to allow adequate time for revisions prior to deadlines.
• Tracking and organizing a high volume of files, links and other video assets using Dropbox, Google Drive and other file management systems.
• Assembling basic edits using Adobe Premiere and companion applications while maintaining disciplined project, sequence, and file management skills.
• Preparing assets for delivery with all requested accessibility measures, including captioning files, and basic technical finishing.
• Uploading files to YouTube and other platforms, and coordinating with Sundance Institute colleagues to ensure complete delivery across platforms.
• Supporting with producing duties as needed, including getting approvals, gathering needed assets, etc.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2 years of related work experience in coordinating post-production for video projects.
• A strong understanding of post-workflows and technical delivery standards.
• Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and companion applications.
• Ability to work with basic motion graphics.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Collaborate and communicate effectively within your Creative team.
• Ask questions and proactively seek out the answers you need.
• Effectively prioritize and coordinate projects, keeping things organized to meet deadlines.
• Enjoy creating video content that spotlights independent artists and their work.
In addition to an hourly pay of $20.32, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program