Festival Coordinator, Ticketing Operations
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
The Festival Coordinator, Ticketing Operations is charged with coordinating administrative and operational duties to fulfill internal and public pass and ticket sales, support department functions, and provide Customer Support to patrons. The position will also coordinate administrative and operational duties to process Festival credentials and support department functions.
Working closely under the direction of the Manager, Ticketing Operations, the Festival Coordinator, Ticketing Operations support Sundance Institute's commitment to providing patrons with the best possible experience of the Festival's many digital and in person offerings, from feature films to talks and events, across the globe.
This temporary position works full time from Monday, October 3, 2022 through Tuesday, January 31, 2023 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This position is based out of our Park City, Utah office and will be expected to perform onsite work duties as of Wednesday, December 7, 2023. Employees may start in a commutable distance to Park City, UT or remotely from a state we currently legally operate in, until the required onsite work date listed above.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Coordinating activities and resources for department projects.
• Providing customer support, including answering inquiries to answer a full array of questions from patrons.
• Tracking patron correspondence regarding issues, including detailing the issue encountered, action taken for resolution, and the outcome.
• Entering and tracking accurate customer information in the ticketing system.
• Entering and tracking ticket, pass, and credential information in Institute systems and confirming orders before issuing to ensure accuracy.
• Running reports from Institute ticketing systems as directed.
• Processing cancellations and routing all cancellations to the Manager and the Finance Department daily.
• Providing after hour customer support coverage as requested.
• Assisting with generating credentials, including auditing submitted information, reformatting photo files, and shipping Festival credentials by set deadlines.
• Running routine tests and tracking credential reprints to ensure barcodes on the credentials link correctly to the ticketing and scanning system.
• Tracking and maintaining proper levels of credential inventory (badge stock, badge holders, holographic stickers, printer ink cartridges, lanyards, etc.) and informing the Manager if orders need to be placed.
• Upholding credential policies and procedures at all times and disseminating policy information as necessary.
• Documenting credential issues and escalating to the Manager as necessary.
• Inputting accurate records on processing, printing, receipt, and distribution of credentials.
• Ensuring routine communication with the Sundance Industry Office (SIO) to maintain accurate information regarding their pass and package needs.
• Assisting with internal ticketing processes, including the creation of promo codes and fulfilling ticket requests.
• Training staff on the ticketing system, procedures, deadlines, etc. as requested.
• Assisting with the set-up and operations of at theater box offices and information booths.
• Working closely with the Volunteer Department to coordinate department volunteers, including requesting volunteers and creating schedules, providing feedback through post-Festival volunteer evaluations, and scheduling trainings.
• Writing a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2 years experience in administrative, operational, or related work.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to self-manage a work schedule.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products.
• Experience working with a ticketing system preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Complete administrative work successfully and maintain effective communication across all stakeholders.
• Fulfill patron needs efficiently and resolve or escalate issues quickly.
• Coordinate department functions with detail and organization.
In addition to an hourly pay of $20.32, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program