Festival Associate Manager, Volunteer Resources
Sundance Film FestivalRemote, US
This was removed by the employer on 7/8/2022 1:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Festival Associate Manager, Volunteer Resources jobs in Remote-US
Search all Festival Associate Manager, Volunteer Resources postings
Full Time Job
Festival Associate Manager, Volunteer Resources (Theaters)
The Festival Associate Manager, Volunteer Resources is charged with recruiting, placing, and onboarding volunteers to support theater venue operations for the Sundance Film Festival. This position supports the supervision of 4 seasonal employees.
Working closely under the direction of the Senior Manager, Talent, the Festival Associate Manager, Volunteer Resources acts as a leader on the Volunteer Resources team to source and onboard 1,100 volunteers in support of theater operations during the Sundance Film Festival across Park City, Salt Lake City, and the Sundance Mountain Resort. This position will also focus on the placement of all theater management volunteers.
This temporary position works full time from Monday, September 12, 2022 to Friday, March 3, 2023. The majority of this position's work can be executed remotely out of any of our operating states, until the department comes together in Park City, UT on January 3rd, 2023 to support the in-person elements of the Festival. This role is required to be in-person during the Festival, and may be required to travel to off-site events, work extended hours including weekends to meet key deadlines, and respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Managing all theater volunteer placement, and supporting supervision of employees, including selecting and training employees and volunteers, providing direction, communication, feedback, and support to ensure employees and volunteers understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles.
• Managing activities, metrics, and functions of the Sundance Institute's Festival Volunteer program related to theater volunteers.
• Working collaboratively with the Senior Manager, Talent to ensure the team maintains the functionality and accuracy of the database and hits goals for the department.
• Working with the Senior Manager to write and deliver volunteer communications, including schedules, training, web updates, newsletters, social media, etc.
• Acting as the main point of contact on Volunteer Resources for theater leadership volunteers to provide ongoing and accurate information about placement, schedules, benefits, and training and timely responses to inquiries.
• Meeting regularly with Theater Operations to review candidates and manage scheduling needs.
• Supporting recruitment plans and processes to encourage diversity and increase accessibility within the organization.
• Collaborating closely with the Senior Manager, Talent and Accommodations teams to accurately distribute and report on Festival provided lodging for eligible volunteers.
• Communicating expectations and accountability on a regular basis with volunteers to support an effective and positive volunteer experience.
• Assisting with tracking, building, and facilitating training sessions for employees and volunteers, including generating, issuing, and tracking onboarding paperwork.
• Ensuring Festival teams are empowered to provide comprehensive feedback to volunteers and hold them accountable.
• Collaborating with the Institute's Health Safety Committee to communicate expectations and accountability for health safety requirements in relation to COVID-19.
• Facilitating coaching or disciplinary action processes in cases of poor performance or misconduct.
• Supporting in planning and execution of volunteer events, including check-in and private screenings.
• Tracking and distributing volunteer benefits based on volunteer commitment levels and roles.
• Managing volunteer reimbursement process, in conjunction with the Finance Department to maintain detailed and accurate information by reviewing submissions, and reconciling receipts.
• Serving as the department contact internally and externally to field reimbursement questions and clarify processes.
• Conducting venue visits throughout the Festival to check-in with volunteers and provide timely resolution to challenges as they arise.
• Providing on-call after hour coverage during the Festival to answer volunteer related questions, concerns, or emergencies as necessary.
• Ensuring accurate tracking, reporting, and review of volunteer attendance, service hours, and performance reviews.
• Conducting administrative duties, including answering calls and emails, completing and submitting expense reports, filing, mailings, etc.
• Writing a comprehensive wrap report, as directed.
• Supporting ongoing Talent team and Festival projects.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years experience working with volunteers or equivalent.
• Experience creating and conducting training or orientations.
• Strong leadership skills with a background that includes demonstrated excellence in leading employees or volunteers.
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees, external vendors, and a variety of people, includes having cultural sensitivity.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Lead by example and act with integrity and confidence.
• Manage multiple projects at once and prioritize effectively.
• Facilitate a positive and equitable application and placement process for volunteers.
• Communicate effectively to employees and volunteers.
In addition to an hourly pay of $24.17, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program