Festival Associate Manager, Volunteer Resources
Sundance Film FestivalRemote, US
This was removed by the employer on 7/5/2022 7:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Festival Associate Manager, Volunteer Resources jobs in Remote-US
Search all Festival Associate Manager, Volunteer Resources postings
Full Time Job
Festival Associate Manager, Volunteer Resources (Admin and Non-Theater Areas)
The Festival Associate Manager, Volunteer Resources is charged with recruiting, placing, and onboarding volunteers to support the operations of venues, ticketing, Festival offices, and online areas for the Sundance Film Festival. This position supports the supervision of 2 seasonal employees.
Working closely under the direction of the Senior Manager, Talent, the Festival Associate Manager, Volunteer Resources acts as a leader on the Volunteer Resources team to source and onboard 600 volunteers in support of non-theater venues and offices, as well as online and remote volunteers to support operations during the Sundance Film Festival across Park City, Salt Lake City, and the Festival Online Platform.
This position works full time from Monday, September 12, 2022 to Friday, March 3, 2023. The majority of this position's work can be executed remotely out of any of our operating states, until the department comes together in Park City, UT starting January 3rd, 2023 to support the in-person elements of the Festival. This role is required to be in-person during the Festival, and may be required to travel to offsite events, work extended hours including weekends to meet key deadlines, and respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Managing all non-theater volunteer placement, and supporting supervision of employees, including selecting and training employees and volunteers, providing direction, communication, feedback, and support to ensure employees and volunteers understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles, while delegating appropriate and meaningful work.
• Managing activities, metrics, and functions of the Sundance Institute's Festival Volunteer program related to non-theater in-person and online volunteers.
• Working closely with the department coordinators to ensure they are effectively supporting their assigned internal teams and volunteers in the facilitation of placement, scheduling, benefits, and training.
• Managing the pre-Festival volunteer program by communicating the request process to internal departments and working to recruit and place local volunteers leading up to the Festival.
• Working collaboratively with the Senior Manager, Talent to ensure all aspects of the databases are functioning and accurate. Conducting regular audits and transfer of information between multiple databases throughout the Festival planning process.
• Collaborating with the Senior Manager, Talent to write and deliver volunteer communications, including schedules, training, web updates, newsletters, social media, etc, and managing daily external communications in the volunteer email inbox and phone line.
• Supporting with building, facilitating, and tracking on-site and online volunteer training, including managing Institute required training via Litmos for all volunteers; creating volunteer accounts, assigning trainings, and providing reports of completion and notes for follow up.
• Collaborating with the Institute's Health Safety Committee to communicate expectations and accountability for health safety requirements in relation to COVID-19.
• Supporting recruitment plans and processes to encourage diversity and increase accessibility within the organization.
• Generating, issuing, and tracking onboarding paperwork.
• Communicating expectations and accountability on a regular basis with volunteers to support an effective and positive volunteer experience.
• Providing support and accountability to Festival teams to ensure they are empowered to provide comprehensive feedback to volunteers and hold them accountable as well ensure alignment with department processes.
• Facilitating coaching or disciplinary action processes in cases of poor performance or misconduct.
• Support in planning and execution of Staff and Volunteer Hub, including private screening events and employee and volunteer benefits and check-in.
• Sourcing and communicating with vendors and partners to support the Staff and Volunteer Hub, benefits, and meal programs, including planning meal drop-offs to support employees and volunteers on-site and coordinating logistics for shipments of items to employees and volunteers participating remotely.
• Conducting venue visits throughout the Festival to check-in with volunteers and provide timely resolution to challenges as they arise.
• Providing on-call after hour coverage during the Festival to answer volunteer related questions, concerns, or emergencies as necessary.
• Writing a comprehensive wrap report, as directed.
• Ensuring accurate tracking, review and reporting of volunteer attendance, service hours, and performance reviews.
• Supporting ongoing Talent Team and Festival projects
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years experience working with volunteers or equivalent
• Experience creating and conducting training or orientations.
• Strong leadership skills with a background that includes demonstrated excellence in leading employees or volunteers.
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees, external vendors, and a variety of people, includes having cultural sensitivity.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Lead by example and act with integrity and confidence.
• Manage multiple projects at once and prioritize effectively.
• Facilitate a positive and equitable application and placement process for volunteers.
• Communicate effectively to staff and volunteers.
In addition to an hourly pay of $24.17, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program