Festival Associate Manager, The Box
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 10/7/2022 3:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Festival Associate Manager, The Box jobs in Park City-UT
Search all Festival Associate Manager, The Box postings
Full Time Job
The Festival Associate Manager, The Box is charged with operational planning, implementation, and management of The Box, a Sundance Film Festival venue.
Working closely under the direction of Senior Manager, Transportation and Production Operations, the Festival Associate Manager, The Box supports Sundance Institute's commitment to fulfilling a successful and positive in person Festival experience for all artists and patrons.
This temporary position works full time from Wednesday, October 19, 2022 through Friday, February 17, 2023 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This position is based out of our Park City, Utah office and will be expected to perform onsite work duties as of Wednesday, November 30, 2022. Employees may start in a commutable distance to Park City, UT or remotely from a state we currently legally operate in, until the required onsite work date listed above.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Communicating with internal stakeholders and vendors to keep all constituents up-to-date on venue planning, programming schedules, and logistical needs.
• Building out the venue space, including electrical, signage, equipment, security and evacuation plans, furniture, etc.
• Overseeing the ordering, delivery, and return of all required equipment, furniture, etc. for the space by the set deadlines.
• Establishing a timeline and working with the Production Department to plan set-up and tear-down, procurement and return venue items, and provide installations by set deadlines.
• Directing the onsite set-up and tear-down of the venue.
• Working closely with the Volunteer Department to acquire adequate volunteer coverage for Festival event needs and provide ongoing and accurate information to department volunteers and timely responses to their inquiries.
• Training volunteers and providing general supervision, creating schedules, and ensuring evaluations are completed post-Festival.
• Tracking projected and actual expenses to stay within budget and providing support to the Senior Manager on other aspects of budget and expenses as requested.
• Creating and submitting a cleaning schedule for daily janitorial services.
• Maintaining an accurate inventory, pre- and post-Festival, including photos of all furniture and equipment for the venue.
• Managing the venue deliveries, inventory, and returns.
• Performing walkthroughs pre- and post-Festival to ensure the venue is ready for public opening and is returned to original setup.
• Managing onsite operations throughout the Festival and ensuring timely resolutions to issues as they arise.
• Writing a comprehensive written wrap report.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 3 years operational planning and implementation experience or related.
• Leadership skills including the ability to mitigate conflict and facilitate positive customer relations.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Exude operational excellence and problem-solve within your work so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Help rally the team around common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Provide stakeholders with turnkey spaces that facilitate their event vision.
• Remain organized to keep yourself accountable for meeting deadlines.
In addition to an hourly pay of $24.17, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program