Festival Associate Manager, Events
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 10/14/2022 8:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Festival Associate Manager, Events jobs in Park City-UT
Search all Festival Associate Manager, Events postings
Full Time Job
The Festival Associate Manager, Events is charged with the planning and execution of assigned events during the Sundance Film Festival.
Working closely under the direction of the Manager, Events, the Festival Associate Manager, Events supports the Institute's commitment to providing a successful and positive in-person Festival experience for all artists and patrons.
This temporary position works full time from Wednesday October 19, 2022 through Friday, February 10, 2023 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This position will be expected to perform onsite work duties in Park City, Utah as of Tuesday, January 3, 2023. Employees may start in commutable distance to Park City, UT or remotely, from a state we currently legally operate in, until the required onsite work date.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Planning and implementing logistical needs for assigned events (digital and/or live).
• Creating and editing invitations for events using the platform Splash That, working with event hosts and departments on guest list curation.
• Developing and executing event programs, including run of shows and program remarks.
• Maintaining and updating budgets for assigned events, and supporting the Manager, Events with processes and tracking department budget and expenses.
• Providing ongoing and timely communications with venue managers, vendors, and the Festival Operations team regarding each event's structure and needs.
• Supporting the Event Department with various projects, including assisting team members event execution tasks.
• Coordinating with Marketing to create event collateral, including assisting with messaging and design, gathering feedback and approvals, and ordering and compiling materials.
• Documenting assigned events and their details items such as banquet event orders (BEO), evaluation sheets, alcohol sheets, vendors, event correspondences, attendance (RSVP vs. actual), and issues as they arise.
• Providing event management to deliver high quality and successful events.
• Managing volunteer and staff support for each event, working closely with the Volunteer Department to acquire adequate volunteer coverage for Festival event needs, creating schedules, submitting evaluations, and providing ongoing and accurate information to department volunteers and timely responses to their inquiries.
• Obtaining necessary permits, equipment rental orders, production assistance needs, signage orders, security needs, and evacuation plans while overseeing that all equipment and furniture are ordered, delivered, and returned by set deadlines.
• Ensuring all stakeholders are updated on planning, schedules, and logistical needs to plan, order, and track various event items, including signage, sponsor activations, photography and content, and guest transportation.
• Completing a comprehensive written wrap report.
• Supporting Event Department operations, Manager, Events, and Associate Director, Events as assigned.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years experience planning and executing events.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Working knowledge of Gmail, Google Drive (including Google Docs and Google Sheets and Google Calendar).
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Jump in quickly to support the team, are proactive, and show initiative in the planning of your assigned events.
• Adapt to changing and developing circumstances and processes.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively both within the Events and Partnerships team and with other departments
• Help craft the event experience for both digital and in person events and align it to the 2023 Sundance Film Festival vision.
In addition to an hourly pay of $24.17, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program