Festival Associate Manager, Event Venue
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 10/18/2022 1:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Festival Associate Manager, Event Venue jobs in Park City-UT
Search all Festival Associate Manager, Event Venue postings
Full Time Job
The Festival Associate Manager, Event Venue is charged with the planning and execution of the official event venues of the Sundance Film Festival. Additionally, this position will organize and support assigned events during the Festival.
Working closely under the direction of the Manager, Events, this temporary position works full time from Wednesday October 19, 2022 through Friday, February 10, 2023 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This position is based out of our Park City, UT office location in order to work onsite in a hybrid capacity throughout its employment.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Acting as liaison between venue owners and managers, vendors, contractors, and employees, including conducting pre-Festival venue meetings.
• Planning out space design with presenting sponsors if appropriate, including electrical, phones, computers, venue security, and an evacuation plan for main building and tent structure areas.
• Coordinating the aesthetic design (''look and feel'') of the venue with the Manager, Events.
• Ordering all equipment needed for venues and establishing a timeline for move-in, set-up and tear-down.
• Maintaining set budgets for assigned events and supporting Manager, Events in managing venue specific budgets.
• Assisting with developing final event plans for management approval.
• Providing final touches to events requested by event leads, hosts, sponsors, vendors, and venue owners to execute events successfully (includes set-up to tear-down).
• Coordinating check requests through Accounts Payable, submitting and completing check requests for all bills associated with Festival events two weeks prior to the start of the Festival.
• Supporting the Beverage Coordinator with beverage logistics as needed.
• Documenting event details as assigned which includes but not limited to: banquet event orders (BEO), event evaluation sheets, and alcohol request sheets, as well as all correspondence, attendance numbers, and issues related to events and parties.
• Monitoring and overseeing operations for assigned events, including event employees and volunteers onsite.
• Liaising with Corporate Development, and sponsors regarding event structure and plans.
• Providing successful and well managed events and venues.
• Completing post-Festival walk through with venue owners and managers.
• Completing a Festival wrap report.
• Supporting Events Department operations, Manager, Events, and Associate Director, Events as assigned
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years experience planning and executing events and/or venue management.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Working knowledge of Gmail, Google Drive (including Google Docs and Google Sheets and Google Calendar).
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Jump in quickly to support the team, are proactive, and show initiative in the planning of your assigned events.
• Adapt to changing and developing circumstances and processes.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively both within the Events and Partnerships teams and with other departments
• Help craft the event experience for both digital and in person events and align it to the 2023 Sundance Film Festival vision.
In addition to an hourly pay of $24.17, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program