Festival Assistant, Theater Operations
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
The Festival Assistant, Theater Operations is charged with assisting with the pre-Festival planning and implementation to ensure successful daily operations and positive audience experiences within assigned theaters.
Working closely under the direction of the Festival Manager, Theater Operations and with the support of the Festival Coordinator, Theater Operations, the Festival Assistant supports Sundance Institute's commitment to fulfilling the vision of a successful and positive in-person Festival experience for all artists and patrons.
This temporary position works full time from Monday, December 5, 2022 through Friday, February 10, 2023 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This position is based out of our Park City, UT office location in order to work onsite in a hybrid capacity throughout its employment.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Fulfilling supply and equipment orders and deliveries to theaters as directed.
• Supporting with the load-in and out of Festival theaters.
• Along with the Festival Coordinator, Theater Operations, overseeing the daily runner schedule and logs for equipment and supply deliveries for Festival theaters.
• Working closely with the Volunteer Resources team to adjust, communicate, and track daily volunteer runner schedules.
• Working with the Festival Coordinator, Theater Operations to order, tae inventory, and distribute theater signage as directed.
• Supporting in the set-up of the temporary Theater Operations Festival Office, and additional spaces as needed.
• Distributing film posters to assigned theaters as directed by the Press Office.
• Tracking and maintaining team contact information, including phone numbers, schedules, and locations.
• Collecting theater keys from volunteers and departments.
• Programming and distributing Festival cell phones to the team as directed.
• Assisting with the Theater Operations Department rental vehicle fleet logistics
• Supporting the Theater Operations Department with updating and preparing training materials.
• Assisting team with timelines, inventorying, ordering, special screenings, etc. as directed.
• Writing a comprehensive written wrap report.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 1 year of relevant work experience.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Exude operational excellence and problem-solve within your work so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Effectively help motivate your teammates and rally the team around common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Provide stakeholders with turnkey spaces that facilitate their event vision.
• Effectively use strong organizational skills to keep yourself accountable for meeting deadlines.
In addition to an hourly pay of $17.11, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Employee assistance program