Festival Assistant, Logistics
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Employment Dates: 12/17/2018-2/15/2019
Considerations: This position works full time out of our Park City, UT office. May be lodged in Park City during the January Film Festival. Required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines. Must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned. A high level of mobility is required as well as an ability to drive safely in winter road conditions.
Position Summary: Provides administrative and operational support to the logistics team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides administrative and logistical support to the department and team as directed.
• Assists with tracking equipment inventory, such as radios, cell phones, corporate incentive items, etc.
• Acquires and organizes the distribution of lodging keys and assignments.
• Performs tests for functionality, labels, and programs radio and cell phone equipment prior to disbursement.
• Program all festival phone numbers into each festival provided phone and test for proper functioning with the help of the Festival Associate Manager and Assistant Coordinator, Logistics
• Audits lodging boards as directed.
• Assists with uniform room, staff/volunteer check-in, and directing assigned volunteers.
• Completes daily data entry into the logistics database to ensure accurate information.
• Escalates lodging or radio issues to Manager as appropriate.
• Maintains cleanliness, organization, and safety of logistics office.
• Assists with troubleshooting logistical issues as directed.
• Completes a comprehensive written wrap report with suggestions for improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 1 year experience with guest relations, event logistics or related.
• Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written.
• Strong interpersonal and professional skills required to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule.
• Must be able to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines.
, Experience and Skills:
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products.
• Knowledge of Park City and Salt Lake City.