Coordinator, Ground Transportation Dispatch
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Employment Dates: 5/13/2019-8/6/2019
Considerations: Position lives and works full time from Sundance Resort. Sundance Institute will provide meals and housing in a shared home during the employment dates. Extended hours, including evenings and weekends, will be required during labs and workshops. Days off will not be consistent and will rotate based on operations.
Position General Summary: Coordinates ground transportation, including scheduling volunteer drivers, for participants and guests attending Sundance Institute's artist labs and workshops.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
• Coordinates pickup and return dates of vehicles with car rental company and lab operations team.
• Sets daily schedule for drivers to cover necessary airport runs, location assignments, purchase runs, errands, on duty assignments, etc.
• Conducts proactive on-site management of volunteer drivers, 6-7 total and provides ongoing performance feedback and completes a written evaluation for each driver.
• Provides frequent budget status reports that includes information on cash spending, sponsorship usage, projected spending, etc. to manager as requested.
• Tracks and distributes petty cash and ensures associated receipts are submitted from drivers.
• Posts a daily transportation schedule and updates, as changes occur during the labs.
• Provides daily announcements to participants regarding shuttle schedules.
• Dispatches purchase runs and intra-office runs between the Park City and Resort offices.
• Performs weekly damage checks on all lab vehicles and completes accident forms as needed.
• Performs lab driver duties as needed.
• Updates documented procedures and completes a wrap report with suggestions for improvement.
• Supports other areas (guest relations/air/meals/lodging) as needed and as requested by manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 2 years experience in event logistics, operations or related.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy in recording, tracking and issuing information, etc.
• Ability to collaborate with others and work professionally within a team-based environment.
• Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written with strong interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, FileMaker, Excel and Google Drive Applications.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines.
, Experience, and Skills:
• Experience with fleet coordination or event transportation.
• Experience managing volunteers.
• Experience working with budgets.