Coordinator and Associate Programmer, New Frontier
Sundance Film FestivalRemote, US
This was removed by the employer on 5/24/2022 7:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Coordinator and Associate Programmer, New Frontier jobs in Remote-US
Search all Coordinator and Associate Programmer, New Frontier postings
Full Time Job
The Coordinator and Associate Programmer, New Frontier is charged with supporting the planning of the new Student Summit convening at the 2023 Festival and supporting the department Manager and Director with administrative tasks. This position will also provide basic technical support related to projects.
Working closely under the Chief Curator and the New Frontier Manager, the New Frontier Coordinator and Associate Programmer works part-time (20 hours per week) from Monday, May 23, 2022 through Tuesday, July 19, 2022. This position will work remotely for the duration of its temporary employment.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Facilitating administrative support to the team, including coordinating scheduling for the Chief Curator.
• Building and updating tracking documents to track eligible New Frontier projects.
• Updating the programming database with accurate information on projects currently in production, as well as generating and distributing reports as requested.
• Facilitating Student Summit administrative support to the team.
• Conducting research and identifying partners for the Student Summit.
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with partners.
• Building and updating Student Summit tracking documents.
• Managing and socializing spaceship assets, including all that are gathered from public facing announcements on Instagram.
• Maintaining a Student Portal in the Gallery.
• Overseeing communication with the Summit students, and extending where appropriate, to the larger student bodies of participating universities.
• Planning event details and aspects, including schedule, guests, presentations, both live and pre-recorded.
• Planning for potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of the event.
• Identifying a working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide variety of events.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2 years of work experience supporting new and emerging Virtual Reality (VR) and gaming platforms.
• 1 year of film festival programming experience.
• Tech savvy with knowledge of software platforms used in VR and other virtual social platforms.
• Experience successfully coordinating administrative processes.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to interact with a wide range of constituents.
• Ability to work effectively with a variety of people internally and externally.
• Ability to organize work, including the ability to work independently and understand when to seek clarification.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Experience with operating VR gear such as MetaQuest headsets, HTC Vive, and Hololens, preferred.
• Working knowledge of blockchain technologies, databases, Excel, and proficiency in Google Products preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Embrace change when it occurs in order to move projects and tasks forward while demonstrating professionalism.
• Successfully provide administrative and programmatic support to the New Frontier team and the Programming department.
• Create a welcoming environment for coworkers, artists, audiences, and external constituents.
• Uphold and model positive, inclusive, and equitable Institute values at all times.
In addition to an hourly pay of $19.00, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Employee assistance program