Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
APPLYING TO SUNDANCE INSTITUTE
We believe individuals can spark new ideas that entertain, push creative boundaries, and ignite empathy and understanding that can ultimately lead to social change. We not only look for these attributes in the artists we support, but the extraordinary talent that we hire to bring our mission to life. With that, we encourage individuals from diverse and historically underrepresented communities, as well as those with unique and transferable skill-sets from various industries, to apply to join the Sundance Institute community.
Our Controller will oversee the planning and coordination of accounting operational functions, financial close and preparation of financial statements, regulatory reporting and compliance, evaluation of systems and internal controls, and oversight of new system implementations.
Working closely under the direction of our Director of Finance and managing a team of three year round employees across our Park City, UT and Los Angeles, CA offices, our Controller will provide leadership to Sundance Institute's Finance Department.
Top priorities for this position include, but aren't limited to:
• Ensures Accounting policies and procedures are in compliance with professional standards as well as state and federal regulatory requirements.
• Establishes and maintains internal controls to support the financial infrastructure.
• Evaluates systems, provides recommendations for improvement and leads implementations.
• Prepares financial reports and analysis for internal and external users as directed by the Director of Finance.
• Collaborates with the Director of Finance to plan, coordinate and execute annual financial audits and tax return preparation.
• Prepares state and federal compliance filings.
• Coordinates liability insurance program including renewals, claims and certificates.
• Records journal entries, includes the maintenance of recurring journal entries and allocations.
• Conducts balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis.
• Review payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
• Manage corporate credit cards program.
• Manages staff, includes selecting and training highly effective staff, providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure employees understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles, and delegates appropriate and meaningful work.
• Prepares GAAP research projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
You have the following direct or transferable skill-sets:
• 8 years of relevant Accounting experience.
• CPA license.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
• Strong leadership skills with a background that includes at least 3 years managing employees.
• Highly proficient in utilizing Microsoft Excel, ADP Workforce Now, and Google Applications.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
• Excellent problem solving/judgement skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong organizational skills, and ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
, Experience and Skills:
• Master's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
• System implementation and maintenance experience.
Considerations: We are looking for candidates located in Park City, UT or Los Angeles, CA (remote work while under COVID restrictions). Position works extended hours, including evenings and weekends at key points throughout the year.
Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to consider candidates located in other States.
In addition to a salary range from $86,108.00 to $100,000.00, depending on experience and location, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Over 25 paid holidays
• Health, vision, and dental insurance
• Paid sick, family, and medical leave
• 401(k) with automatic 3% employer contribution after one year of employment
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Mission driven workplace and amazing co-workers
BEFORE YOU APPLY
If you have the qualifications, feel this is a position that you would enjoy and excel in, then send us a cover letter along with your resume. Please use your cover letter to give us a summary of an accomplishment in a similar role and why Sundance Institute would be your employer of choice!