Associate Creative Director - Editorial
Sundance Film FestivalLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/10/2020 12:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Associate Creative Director - Editorial jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Associate Creative Director - Editorial postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Creative Director - Editorial? Considerations: This position works full time in our Los Angeles office but is currently working remotely due to COVID-19. Employees will need the ability to work flexible hours including, some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines.
Position Summary: Working closely with the Creative Director, the Associate Creative Director-Editorial sets and upholds the editorial integrity of Sundance Institute (SI). This position leads and manages the creative editorial strategy and execution for Sundance Institute across all channels. The Director will lead and mentor two editorial writers and two social media year-round staff along with seasonal employees to ensure consistently high-quality copy and products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads editorial team in creative concepting, editing, fact-checking, and proofreading SI editorial pieces (articles interviews, film reviews, etc.), marketing campaigns, email and social copy throughout the year.
• Responsible for supervising and mentoring a team of social media, writers and copy editors in the creation and implementation of specific assets such as the Festival program guide, catalog, SFF web content, and additional publications as well as SFF specific editorial pieces (articles interviews, film reviews, etc).
• Identifies, negotiates, and works with Legal to issue contracts with vendors and independent contractors as necessary.
• Develops year-round, omni channel content strategy and calendar for SI.
• Sets and maintains in-house style, brand tone, makes on-the-spot style decisions, and assists in updating style guide as needed. Ensures consistent message, in consistent voice, across all mediums.
• Oversees all editorial tasks, to properly manage workloads and track individual and team deadlines.
• In conjunction with the Creative Director, the ACD: Editorial will brainstorm ideas and explore new topics/themes of relevance in order to create new and varying editorial franchises (ownable to Sundance Institute).
• Mines Sundance Institute in the service of brand storytelling, helps position SI as a thought-leader in the industry.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BA in English, journalism, communications, or related degree.
• 6-8 years direct experience as a creative copywriter, and/or editor at a media or creative agency.
• Strong leadership skills with direct experience managing a team.
• Experience managing creatives / creative teams.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills.
• Creative and strategic thinking - Possess the ability to translate and generate bigger picture creative initiatives and plan out year and seasonal content plans against said plans.
• Ability to generate imaginative story ideas that draw the interest and create excitement in the work we do and the programs we present.
• Strong interpersonal and professional skills, able to work collaboratively with and mentor others.
• Professional self starter with excellent organizational skills.
, Experience and Skills:
• Previous coursework in copyediting.
• Knowledge of InDesign, typesetting, and HTML, as well as advanced Excel skills. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.