Seasonal Assistant Publicist, Communications
Sundance Film FestivalRemote, US
This was removed by the employer on 5/27/2021 8:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Seasonal Assistant Publicist, Communications jobs in Remote-US
Search all Seasonal Assistant Publicist, Communications postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Seasonal Assistant Publicist, Communications?
Full Time Job
The seasonal Assistant Publicist, Communications is charged with providing administrative and publicity support to the communications and media relations team for the Sundance Institute. This position supports the year-round media relations functions and activities of the Institute and candidates must be organized, proactive, task oriented, and efficient.
Working under the Director, Communications and the CCO, this position is largely responsible for interdepartmental communication and will also conduct publicity outreach on behalf of the Institute's artist programs. The successful candidate will be well versed in maintaining and building department tools and maintaining and building critical media databases and managing workflows of campaigns
This position works full time for eight weeks beginning in May 2021 and is completely remote, but must be within a US state the Institute legally operates in, for the duration of its temporary employment. Extended hours, including evenings and weekends, may also be required. Sundance Institute is currently able to hire staff remotely in the following areas: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Utah, Virginia, and Washington.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Updating, building out, and maintaining press and influencer lists/databases including researching broadcast, print, and online for outreach.
• Distributing press releases and coordinating announcement schedule with web, social, and marketing teams.
• Liaising with artist program teams regarding media relations matters, including materials and assets collection for announcements.
• Supporting publicity campaigns efforts in research and outreach.
• Monitoring press coverage, compiling, maintaining coverage reports and creating daily press memos.
• Maintaining and updating various department calendars.
• Coordinating a full range of department activities including scheduling media interviews and meetings, taking and distributing minutes, and fielding questions from teams across the Institute, etc.
• Drafting and tracking media materials as requested.
• Other duties and project based assignments, as needed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2 years experience in media or public relations, marketing, or related at a studio, network, agency, or nonprofit.
• Excellent writing skills required.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Detail oriented, with the ability to audit work to avoid mistakes, and perform tasks accurately.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Strong capability with Microsoft Excel, working knowledge of databases, and proficiency in Google Products preferred.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask.
• Knowledge of film and the film industry is an asset, but not required.
• Must have the ability to create and maintain databases and other resources.
• Working knowledge of the media tracking platform Cision a plus.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Are results oriented.
• Are able to seamlessly manage priorities with strict time constraints.
• Can be productive and work with minimal supervision.
• Enjoy research.
• Like finding the story within the story.
• Committed to being an active team member.
• Enjoy multitasking and can adapt to frequent demands.
• Can build professional relationships with internal and external teams and individuals.
• Have a strong ability to think ahead to meet the needs of a dynamic team environment.
In addition to a competitive hourly pay based on the state of residence, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Limited employee assistance program