Art Director and Designer
Sundance Film FestivalLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/8/2022 2:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Search for Art Director and Designer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Art Director and Designer postings
Full Time Job
The Art Director and Designer is charged with conceptualizing visual storytelling strategy and developing creative ideas across graphic and creative assets for the Sundance Film Festival. This includes refining projects and drafts for both print and digital media.
As we develop a stronger narrative approach to our communications, the Art Director and Designer will work closely under the Creative Director to elevate our storytelling capabilities to ensure the graphic assets they create across all print and digital platforms promote the vision of Sundance Institute and its programs to meet our marketing goals. Strong graphic design experience is required.
This full-time, temporary position is based out of Los Angeles from Tuesday, July 5, 2022 through Wednesday, February 8, 2022. Extended hours, including evenings and weekends, will be required at key points throughout the year to meet deadlines and respond to on-call needs. Travel to work on-site at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, UT may be required.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Conceptualizing campaign narratives and developing the visual language for digital campaigns across content websites, social media, and other marketing materials.
• Working closely with our Creative Producer and Editor to help develop narratives as well as the look and feel of videos for the Sundance Institute and Film Festival.
• Partnering with leaders and project managers to develop, kick off, and ensure projects and campaigns fully communicate the strategy agreed upon by the project teams.
• Preventing bottlenecks in the creative approval process during high volume and high output periods by providing the final approval on projects led by the Art Director and Designer per the agreed upon guidance of the Creative Director.
• Ensuring graphic design work meets strategic and narrative direction, preemptively adjusting timelines, and carefully planning solutions.
• Selecting and securing illustrative material by formulating basic layout design concepts and conducting research.
• Reviewing and approving graphics created and used by outside vendors, partners, and outlets for not only quality but strategic alignment and appropriate application.
• Working closely with the Senior Graphic Designer in support of the production of graphic systems and design asset kits.
• Designing assets for Sundance Institute Marketing materials including, but not limited to, print and digital ads and campaigns, social assets, environmental graphics, signage, merchandise design, special event branding and invitations, video tags, email templates, and digital presentations.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 5-7 years of experience developing large and small campaigns across varied platforms, including experience designing creative assets.
• A graphic design portfolio that demonstrates creativity and versatility of skills as well as digital design expertise.
• Experience creating graphic assets for digital platforms and developing ideas and assets for video.
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and familiarity with other emerging technologies such as Canva.com.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Exceptional project management and organizational skills to handle multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities simultaneously and work in a constantly changing environment.
• Ability to assess processes and come up with creative solutions.
• Knowledgeable in printing production methods, fabrication, and installation.
• Experience developing advertising campaigns preferred .
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Bring bold ideas and develop world class campaigns that elevate the Sundance Institute's level of storytelling.
• Continue to push our conceptual, visual, and narrative vocabulary.
• Collaborate well with various teams to uplevel our ideas and work.
• Ensure the team produces graphics that align to Marketing and Communications goals and convey the spirit, concept, and nature of the Festival as well as the mission of the Institute.
• Proactively anticipate problems while proposing solutions and improvements.
*Location and experience will be taken into consideration when making the final offer.