Sucherman GroupEncino, CA
Full Time Job
Sucherman Group is a boutique management consulting and executive search firm specializing in media, entertainment, news, sports and digital companies. Our clients include some of the biggest brand names in our industry.
We have assembled a dynamic, experienced team in New York, Los Angeles and London with a combined experience of more than 90 years in the media, entertainment and executive search industries. We pride ourselves on having long-term relationships with many of the most well-known media and entertainment companies. We bring significant value to our clients through our fully integrated approach which combines professionalism, industry knowledge and contacts, a superior level of service and complete discretion.
This position is ideal for an administrative/executive assistant with at least two years of experience in media, broadcast journalism, digital media, sports, or entertainment and looking to gain more in-depth, hands-on exposure to these industries working directly with the Chief Executive Officer and serving as a coordinator for the Executive Search practice.
Daily coordination concerning correspondence, phone calls, meetings, transportation, projects, business development, etc.
Manage calendar, schedule meetings and travel
Confirm all appointments and double check locations well in advance
Manage and follow-up on all communication (telephone and e-mail) for the CEO
Shadow calls and prepare notes (and revisions) on calls as directed by the CEO
Follow up with CEO on content of non-shadowed calls
Proactively follow up on all call notes, emails, etc.
Coordinate with SG consultants re client calls as designated by the CEO
Superior ability to keep track of details and be proactive in anticipating the needs of the CEO
Assist search team in coordinating all administrative tasks related to ongoing searches and research projects
Liaise with high-level clients and candidates to schedule meetings and interviews
Heavy daily data entry, database upkeep and organization of collected information
Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Google Docs/Sheets and other cloud software, create reports, presentations and effective layout of information for internal and external use
Use public and subscription online resources and trade publications to proactively gather research and market intelligence
Light office management, including reception, mail, and stocking of kitchen and office supplies when LA office reopens
Other Coordination Activities:
Phone reception back-up
Coordination with Chairman's assistant and staff consultants on various search and consulting matters and business development
Maintain familiarity with SG client list and key client personnel
Computers/Other Equipment: general operation and update (e.g., Skype and Zoom calls, video conference, etc.)
Qualifications / Proficiencies:
• Bachelor's degree from a recognized, 4-year college or university; graduation with honors a plus
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred
• At least two years' experience as an administrative assistant or similar position
• Passion for media/entertainment/broadcast news industry a plus
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, social media applications; knowledge of database management.
• Knowledge of executive recruiting software a plus (Invenias, Encore)
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication and be comfortable with clerical tasks (e.g., reception duties, phone, data entry, etc.); strong and personable phone presence
• Internet savvy and technologically astute; enough comfort and experience with a wide range of apps and cloud solutions to quickly learn new applications and processes
• Strong internet research and writing skills, including note taking
Physical and Other Requirements:
• Required to work in Los Angeles office based in Encino, CA either full time or in a hybrid environment (partially work remotely from home with wifi access, etc.)
Sucherman Group is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Sucherman Group is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online