Confidential Via Staffing FirmNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sucherman Group is a management consulting, executive search and industry intelligence firm that specializes in working with the largest media, entertainment and technology companies across the globe. We are a team of experienced industry executives who over the last 3 decades have created unique and diverse programming strategies, organizational structures and decision-making processes for our clients. We have recruited hundreds of senior executives for the most recognized media organizations and conducted strategic market research providing our clients with substantive industry intelligence.
We are looking to hire in an experienced individual for our media consulting and executive search practices to join our New York office.
This individual will be responsible to both the media consulting and executive search practice, as required.
• Work directly under the supervision of the Managing Director of Consulting (MD), including drafting reports and client deliverables, research assignments, shadowing client calls, provide support at client meetings, etc.
• As directed by the MD, liaise with high-level clients and candidates to schedule meetings and conduct interviews when necessary;
• In coordination with the Consulting Team, translate client business requirements into research projects, benchmarking exercises and due diligence, including compilation of appropriate reports and presentations as required;
• Under the supervision of Search consultants, provide support in coordinating and executing search assignments including pre-qualifying candidates, reviewing resumes, sourcing potential candidates, conducting references, etc.
• Screen, interview and assess candidates, and write summary reports for presentation to clients;
• Initiate candidate contact at executive level, establish relationships and develop an interest-level in opportunities;
• Assist in the development of search strategy and schedule to meet client needs and identify the most qualified candidates;
• Daily review of trade publications and online resources to gather information as required;
• Maintain full and detailed records in company database (experience with Encore a plus);
• Foster relationships with clients and candidates based on trust, transparency and exemplary service.
• Light office administrative tasks, including phones, making copies, binding, etc., may be required;
• Ensure client and candidate confidentiality is always maintained.
• Bachelor's degree - 4 year accredited institution
• At least three years' relevant industry experience (entertainment, sports, digital) in roles of increasing responsibility;
• Experience in executive search or in an internal communications/event coordination position, and managing a heavy workload is highly desirable;
• Existing relationships with individuals in entertainment, sports, or digital content companies considered a plus ;
• Demonstrable track record of success conducting in-depth research and producing client-ready documents;
• Functions well under pressure and has a high tolerance for ambiguity, quick changes in expectations, deliverables and timelines.
• Ability to connect with network of senior level industry peers;
• Outstanding communication skills - including the ability to conduct interviews, listen and retain information, articulate complex ideas and concepts, and present confidently and eloquently in front of high-level clients and large groups;
• Be comfortable speaking extemporaneously in meetings and on client calls to respond to questions and defend conclusions or recommendations;
• High energy, with well-developed interpersonal skills and solid business acumen;
• Quick thinker, persistent, patient, self-motivated, with the innate ability to get to the heart of a situation quickly;
• High degree of professionalism with exceptional client interaction;
• Previous experience managing multiple stakeholder groups including internal and external relationships and partners;
• Resourceful, creative problem solver and proactive, self-starter;
• Excellent project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and function well under pressure;
• A team player, who always acts for the good of the client and the company.
Physical and Other Requirements:
• Required to greet and and meet with clients within the physical premises.
• Required to work consistently and attend meetings inside and outside of the office.
• Required hand dexterity for office machine operation, stooping and bending to files and supplies, mobility to complete errands, and sitting for extended periods of time.
• Required to hear calls for shadowing through a headset and type accurately at least 65 wpm
• Required to read from a computer screen and various small print documents.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Each SG employee must uphold company core values:
o Client focus
o Personal responsibility & attention to detail
o Curiosity about our business
o Willingness to learn and take risks
o Mutual respect; and
o Candor and honesty
Basic benefits include: Medical coverage in effect after 60 days; ten days paid time off (PTO) years 1 & 2; an extra PTO week year 3 at Christmas/New Years; 3 personal days; sick days as needed, 401k plan. Yearly discretionary bonus decided solely by Senior Management, based upon company and employee performance.
Sucherman Group is a boutique management consulting and executive search firm specializing in media, entertainment, news and digital companies. With offices in New York and Los Angeles our clients include some of the biggest brand names in our industry.
To deliver strategic analysis, tactical advice and creative results for our clients and our firm in an atmosphere of integrity, respect and honesty.
Our company values - Discretion, Integrity, Client Focus, Personal Responsibility, Attention to Detail, Candor & Honesty, Curiosity about our Business, Willingness to Learn & Take Risks, Communication, Teamwork and Mutual Respect - are the cornerstone of our practice.
We have assembled a dynamic, experienced team in New York and Los Angeles with a combined experience of more than 90 years in the media, entertainment and executive search industries. We pride ourselves on having long-term relationships with many of the most well-known media and entertainment companies. We bring significant value to our clients through our fully integrated approach which combines professionalism, industry knowledge and contacts, a superior level of service and complete discretion.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online