STX EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
STX Entertainment is seeking an Assistant for its high-volume, fast-paced STX Music department, supporting the President, STX Music. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, providing right hand-type of assistance, as well as a team player that is efficient and adept to take direction and complete tasks with minimal follow-up and supervision. This is an ideal role for someone with a vast awareness of, as well as passion for, all genres of music and film.
Successful candidate will perform administrative and support activities for a busy Music Executive's office, including, but not limited to:
- Managing heavy call volume, rolling calls for the Executive, and managing phone sheet.
- Coordinating and managing Executive's often-changing schedule and travel, including organizing meetings, events, and conferences.
- Reviewing, creating and managing travel and expense reports, and submitting to appropriate internal parties for payment.
- Coordinating and participating in various marketing projects with President of Music, as well as across the organization.
- Creating and distributing various division reports and industry facts / intelligence.
- Assist in creative development of presentation materials (documents / PowerPoint /Photoshop / InDesign).
- Assist with social media, planning, marketing initiatives and campaigns
- Organize and oversee music libraries / playlist management / iTunes playlists / BOX.net playlists.
- Managing and maintaining music status reports.
- Maintaining Executive's address books and contacts lists.
- Other team projects and duties, as assigned.
- Assist in music searches with President of Music
- Coordinate and keep track of billing, invoices, contracts and purchase orders for department on all music.
- Assist with organization of confirmation letters and license requests.
- Bachelor's degree required. Degree in Music, Film or TV Studies, or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years' previous administrative experience supporting high-level executives, with a very strong preference for those with prior experience in music department at film studio and / or record company film & TV department, or music publisher film & TV department.
- Demonstrated general understanding and experience with film music and also record company / publishing business is a must.
- Demonstrated love and passion for film music / soundtracks and / or branded / entertainment marketing.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment, take direction efficiently and with minimal additional follow-up, and pay strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrated understanding of digital and social platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to perform research on industry-related topics, drawing conclusions and developing reports.
- Proficiency in Mac and PC operating systems and MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with troubleshooting issues with portable devices, such as phones and tablets, is a plus.
- Adobe applications including Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign and HTML and WordPress knowledge, a big plus.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with discretion and interact comfortably with high-profile talent, executives and department guests a must.
- Excellent phone demeanor and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact well with others, and work effectively either alone, or in a team setting a must.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online