Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Studio CityLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Director of Financial Planning and Analysis who has concentration in accounting and budgets to join our growing Finance team at Studio City. The Director will work closely with both Finance and agency senior leadership, including Department Heads and Managing Partners, and leverage a small team of direct reports to provide crucial insight for the company's budgeting and continued growth.
*** Candidates considered must have experience in the Entertainment industry.
- Assist VP of Business and Finance in directing and managing all facets of accounting/financial operations including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, fixed asset management and financial reporting.
- Assist in implementing the firm's financial policy and managing day to day accounting and oversight of accounting staff and financial vendors.
- Ensure compliance with all for profit accounting laws, GAAP, and FASB; and assist external CPA prepare and file appropriate business tax returns.
- Streamline reporting and transaction entries through ERP automation initiatives
- Perform operational and financial assessments recommending ways to improve profitability and efficiency of project activities.
- Support internal and external audits resulting in no substantial findings, including IRS audit.
- Participate in various audits, interim and annual audits.
- Preparation of the annual operating and capital Budget, Revised Forecast, and Long-Range Plan through research and analysis of information from Department leadership, general ledger, contract management system and subsidiaries
- Generate annual strategic review of major business lines
- Prepare and analyze monthly actual vs. budget reports
- Track revenue and operating expenses by working closely with Department contacts and financial systems
- Respond to Management questions by researching and analyzing data
- Stay on top of industry trends/research and client activity
- Completing system and operational improvement projects, both self-identified and requested by Management
Other critical tasks and special projects as directed
- 8+ years of budgeting and financial analysis in Entertainment
- Full understanding of the impact P&L and Balance Sheet on the business operations
- Proven working experience in Accounting or Financial management
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to direct and supervise
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Strong presentation/communication skills
- Entertainment industry history a plus
- Technical skills: Advanced Excel & PowerPoint (mandatory), NetSuite, QuickBooks
- Bachelor degree in quantitative analysis major preferred
- MBA/CPA/CFA a plus
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online