Streamland MediaLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Staff Accountant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Staff Accountant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Staff Accountant? Opportunity:
Streamland Media is looking for a talented Staff Accountant to join the growing team! Come join some of the entertainment industry's top talent, all dedicated to creating a fully comprehensive post-production powerhouse!
• Assemble monthly financial statements for three divisions within Streamland Media
• Consolidate monthly sub-division financial statements
• Assist division finance leads in creation and analysis of monthly key performance indicators
Accounting policies and procedures
• Ensure material conformity with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles or another accounting standard where appropriate
• Assist corporate controller and divisional finance lead with year-end audit and tax reporting
• Prepare and submit quarterly state and local tax filings for several remote facilities
Transactional Accounting and Other
• Complete month-end closing process in timely manner
• Prepare and record monthly journal entries
• Perform balance sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliations, amortization schedules, prepaid and deferred expenses, etc.
• Reconcile intercompany balances across divisions and sub-divisions
• Work with Accounts Payable and Receivable departments to ensure accuracy of transactional accounting
• Assist division finance leads in preparing weekly and monthly revenue reports
• Maintain general ledger accounts and financial statement reporting structures
• Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint
• CPA a plus
• Knowledge of entertainment industry a plus
• Experience with SAP and/or Xytech a plus
• High School education or equivalent required.
• BA/BS in Accounting or equivalent field required.
Streamland Media Group of Companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.