Stones Throw RecordsLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Project Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Project Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Project Manager? TITLE: Project Manager
COMPANY: Stones Throw Records
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
CLOSING DATE: June 4
Stones Throw Records is seeking a full-time Project Manager in our Los Angeles office. Ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated individual with 2+ years music business experience in marketing and/or project management with a deep knowledge of the music industry landscape. Familiarity with the label, our fan base and our artists' music as well as a general passion for music is essential. Ability to stay organized, manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize a heavy workload independently in a busy work environment is a must. Candidate should also have deep engagement with relevant and emerging social media networks, digital platforms and culture.
ABOUT STONES THROW
Stones Throw Records is an independent record label founded in 1996 by DJ Peanut Butter Wolf with offices in Los Angeles and London. Known for a richly diverse roster, past touchstone releases include albums by Madvillain, J Dilla, Madlib, Mayer Hawthorne, Dam-Funk and Aloe Blacc . The current roster includes artists such as Sudan Archives, Mild High Club, Knxwledge, Mndsgn, Benny Sings, NxWorries (Anderson. Paak & Knxwledge), Automatic, Jerry Paper, John Carroll Kirby, Kiefer and Los Retros.
• Work with key staff members to develop, execute and implement exciting and effective marketing campaigns and timelines.
• Interface with artists, managers, publicists, booking agents, radio promotion and other 3rd party partners.
• Oversee marketing budgets for artist campaigns.
• Create regular reports of all marketing work and updates on individual campaigns to be shared with Stones Throw staff and our partners at distribution, DSPs, external marketing agencies and artist management.
• Create one sheets and sales updates.
• Prepare releases for digital and physical production with production manager, creative director and digital staff.
• Liaise with key staff members to tailor digital strategies to individual artists and campaigns.
• Analyze and quantify success and efficiency of digital advertising, social engagement and conversion and partnerships via various analytics tools.
• Develop and maintain contacts in the creative services (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, designers, etc.) and oversee creation of creative content including music videos, online campaigns and other promotional marketing assets.
• Update basic web (html) and social media.
• Pitch and develop creative ideas for campaigns including online ads, posters, stickers, press angles, merchandise, live shows, etc.
• Develop marketing partnerships to align label and artists with brands and their music programs.
• Develop and maintain relationships with partners outside of the traditional music retail sphere, including new media platforms, brand partnerships and lifestyle marketing.
• Some in-house radio and press.
• Some copywriting for bios, one sheets, blurbs etc . . .
• Stay up to date with developments in the music industry.
• Relationships in music and related industries including press, radio, booking agencies, brands, tastemakers, etc.
• Contacts in the creative services arena (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, designers, etc.)
• Resourceful at working within independent label budgets.
• Though not required, basic online/digital/design skills would be considered a plus.
- Paid Health Insurance
- 401 K Matching
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Days
Stones Throw is an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.