Stones Throw RecordsLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Creative Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Creative Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Creative Manager? TITLE: Creative Manager
COMPANY: Stones Throw Records
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
CLOSING DATE: June 4
Stones Throw Records is seeking a full-time Creative Manager based in our Los Angeles headquarters. This position will work closely with label's Art Director and A&R and marketing teams to develop and create visual media for artist campaigns and label initiatives. Creative zeal, originality and excellence are paramount. Candidate must be highly organized and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize a heavy workload independently in a busy work environment.
ABOUT STONES THROW
Stones Throw Records is an independent record label founded in 1996 by DJ Peanut Butter Wolf with offices in Los Angeles and London. Known for a richly diverse roster, past touchstone releases include albums by Madvillain, J Dilla, Madlib, Mayer Hawthorne, Dam-Funk and Aloe Blacc . The current roster includes artists such as Sudan Archives, Mild High Club, Knxwledge, Mndsgn, Benny Sings, NxWorries (Anderson. Paak & Knxwledge), Automatic, Jerry Paper, John Carroll Kirby, Kiefer and Los Retros.
- Collaborate with artists, artist management and label to develop visual universe for release campaigns
- Manage creative process from concept to completion, including creating release artwork, artist photos, music videos, animations and other visual content
- Maintain, recruit and develop outside freelance creative talent including visual artists, graphic designers, photographers, animators, video directors, editors, etc.
- Create and/or layout artwork for digital and physical products
- Edit audio/visual short-form content for social media
- Design compelling pitch decks for label and artists
- Oversee delivery and quality control of production files with strong eye for proofing
Skills & experience
- A minimum of two years of experience at a record label or equivalent professional background
- Genuine passion for and knowledge of Stones Throw's visual aesthetic, history and music
- Strong graphic design skills
- Knowledge of production techniques and considerations for vinyl, CD, cassette and other physical products
- Video editing and animation skills
- Knowledge of typography, illustration and composition
- Skill and experience managing freelance creative talent and budgets
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Resourceful at working within independent label budgets
- Passion for and understanding of evolving trends and technology
- Capacity to take direction and embrace constructive criticism
- Positive and collaborative attitude
Education: College Degree Required
- Paid Health Insurance
- 401 K Matching
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Days
Stones Throw is an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.