Creative Licensing & Publishing Manager
Stones Throw RecordsLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Creative Licensing & Publishing Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Creative Licensing & Publishing Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Creative Licensing & Publishing Manager? TITLE: Creative Licensing & Publishing Manager
COMPANY: Stones Throw Records
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
CLOSING DATE: June 4
Stones Throw Records is seeking a full-time Creative Licensing & Publishing Manager based in our Los Angeles headquarters to manage licensing opportunities and facilitate publishing administration. This position will work closely with members of the label's A&R and finance/business affairs teams.
Candidate must be highly organized and have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize a heavy workload independently in a busy work environment.
ABOUT STONES THROW
Stones Throw Records is an independent record label founded in 1996 by DJ Peanut Butter Wolf with offices in Los Angeles and London. Known for a richly diverse roster, past touchstone releases include albums by Madvillain, J Dilla, Madlib, Mayer Hawthorne, Dam-Funk and Aloe Blacc . The current roster includes artists such as Sudan Archives, Mild High Club, Knxwledge, Mndsgn, Benny Sings, NxWorries (Anderson. Paak & Knxwledge), Automatic, Jerry Paper, John Carroll Kirby, Kiefer and Los Retros.
- Proactively pitch the Stones Throw catalog for master/sync licensing and creatively respond to briefs from music supervisors
- Maintain existing and make new relationships with music supervisors
- Field incoming licensing requests
- Confirm ownership and seek consent from approval parties (artists and their management, songwriters and their publishers) for track(s) being licensed
- Help maintain accurate metadata and publishing agreements/LODs to deliver to third party publishing administrator
- Set up listening events/showcases of Stones Throw artist
Skills & experience
- A minimum of two years of experience at a record label, music supervision company, music publishing company, or equivalent professional background
- An in-depth knowledge of Stones Throw's catalog
- A familiarity with what is commonly used in TV/Film/Ads and an ear to find a song that is a ''soundalike'' to another
- An understanding of copyright in publishing and master recordings
- A pre-existing network of music supervisors and coordinators
- Adept at interpersonal communication
- Experience using DISCO, MailChimp
Education: College Degree Required
- Paid Health Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Days
- 401K matching
Stones Throw is an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.