Stephen David EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Emmy award-winning production company with various series in development and production across a number of different genres is seeking an experienced creative executive to serve as VP of Development. His/Her objective will be to expand SDE's reach in original programming by focusing on overseeing a growing development department and building a robust slate of compelling new projects and stories for 2023-2024 in order to ensure the long-term success of the organization as a leading provider of high-quality programming. This role reports directly to the CEO and EVP of Programming, and will be based in the organization's offices in New York.
- Play a key role in the day-to-day pitching and sales of new series to networks and distributors
- Generate new ideas, iterate new concepts and source new IP that can be developed into an array of both unscripted and scripted projects
- Establish and maintain relationships with network executives, talent agents, third party producing partners, content creators, writers, and emerging talent
- Partner with Executive Producers and senior management on overall corporate sales strategy
- Oversee the development team in the creation of sales and pitch materials, and provide feedback on the creative quality of all treatments, pitch decks and sizzle reels
- Manage process for the evaluation and development of ideas and concepts that have the potential to become successful projects, communicate this process effectively to senior management
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in unscripted development, with a track record of series sales and execution
- An established base of existing creative relationships with clients in major markets as well as relationships and credibility within the creative community (writers, directors, producers)
- Involvement in all aspects of content; concept creation, strategy development, team selection, production support and budgetary knowledge
- Experience acquiring and developing IP from a range of different avenues and sources
- Experience managing a team of development producers and a slate of multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and sales skills in order to interface closely with internal departments and team members, as well as outside producers and networks on creative issues
- Experience with creative materials, including the production, filming and editing of sizzle reels
- Strong creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to demonstrate creative aptitude and writing skills
Please note: this position is not remote, and will be in person in our office in New York.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online