Development & Production Assistant
Stark White EntertainmentBrooklyn, NY
Part Time Job
Development & Production Assistant needed for a boutique talent management and production company that specializes in developing and producing projects for comedic talent, including TV shows, podcasts, digital projects and live comedy shows. This candidate will work closely with our talent manager/producer and top talent (comedian, actor, writer) who can be regularly seen on numerous networks including Showtime, HBO, and Netflix.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES ARE
- Possess creative problem-solving skills and an entrepreneurial spirit, attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and strong organizational skills.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the entertainment industry; strong interest in comedy
- Must be internet savvy and have experience using Microsoft office (Word, PPT, Excel) and Google Docs
- Ability to research industry trends and update contact databases
- Possess exemplary written and oral communication skills, excellent phone manner, and an upbeat personality
- Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Exceedingly well organized and flexible with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Superior communication, problem-solving, and followthrough are essential. Talent management, production, development, and/or executive assistant experience is highly desired. This is a part-time, hourly position to start with full-time potential for the right candidate.
- Assist in a wide-range of duties including, but not limited to maintaining industry databases, scheduling, booking travel, sending emails, writing script coverage, personal tasks and more.
- Perform specific functions to support the executive as they work to produce and develop a range of projects, i.e. podcast, photo shoots, videos, films, tv shows, live events
- Assist in the hiring and overseeing of other members of the team when necessary, i.e. graphic designer, social media manager, production assistants
- Create and maintain department-wide systems or processes to streamline work
- At least 2+ years of desk/executive assistant experience within the entertainment industry.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be attentive to details and adaptive to executive's needs, exercising judgment with generally defined practices and policies
- Exhibit high energy and willingness to pitch in and help accomplish goals/work assignments
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills, including the ability to work independently and prioritize workload appropriately
- Organize onsite and offsite programs, events or conferences by arranging for facilities, travel, caterer, issuing information/invitations, coordinating speakers and controlling event budget
- Must be able to handle themselves professionally as they will have direct interaction with many other writers, producers, talent and other executives within the industry.
- The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision at executive's discretion/direction.
Access to in-house learning and development resources
Work in a fun, strategic and goal oriented environment
Gain multidisciplinary experience within the entertainment industry