Director of Community
Stage 32Los Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Director of Community jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Director of Community Job Description:
We are continuing to grow our team and are looking to add an exceptional Director of Community to join our mission and add value to our processes.
As the Director of Community, you will report to the Managing Director and CEO and will have a group of thought leaders and brand ambassadors reporting to you. You will be responsible to ensure that Stage 32 is the most vibrant, progressive, positive, and active platform in the world. You will act as a face for the community, a thought leader, a voice of positivity - the sherpa who encourages all of our creatives and pros to shed their fears and doubts and be active within the community. Our Director of Community needs to be fearless, an idea factory, and a fantastic communicator.
Our Director of Community will lead our Thought Leader, Brand Ambassador, and Affiliate programs. Through the platform, on social media, and through any innovative means possible, you will identify and actively recruit high level industry influencers to participate on the platform and elevate the brand. You will be able to speak intelligently and completely on why Stage 32 is the premier social media platform for those working in entertainment and understand and identify opportunities to disseminate information regarding our world class education and development services.
You will understand and enforce the terms and conditions of Stage 32 to guide the community and assure posts are in the right place, are not spam, and, of course, not abusive. You will be a guiding light to all members and serve as their true North Star. Professionalism and decorum will be paramount.
If you consider yourself an empathetic, but fearless leader, love the entertainment business, are excited about the continuing convergence between entertainment and tech, love helping people, and would love the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the Stage 32 community, keep reading…
How You Can Make an Impact:
- Be fearless in approach, going after some of the biggest names in the entertainment industry and getting them embedded in the Stage 32 mission.
- Provide peer-to-peer support for the community.
- Be a strong leader and self sufficient, yet part of a team.
- Have high energy and thrive on stepping up to big challenges.
- Be innovative in building and running programs to serve the internal Stage 32 community and external potential members.
- Be fast-paced, deadline driven and highly digitally organized.
- Have a love for making things happen.
- Thinking BIG - we want to see our Director of Community come with new, fresh ideas to make an impact on the Stage 32 community and global entertainment industry.
As our Director of Community you will:
- Have 3-5 years professional experience.
- Love meeting new people and networking.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be highly digitally organized.
- Be analytical and respond off of data to inform decisions.
- Understand branding and embodying the Stage 32 mission in every interaction.
- Be an active, contributing ambassador of the Stage 32 community every day inside the Stage 32 platform and externally on social media and events.
- Encourage, motivate and inspire Stage 32 members to be active and participate within the community.
- Inspire constant activity on the Stage 32 platform in the lounges, on the blog and on member's reels and loglines.
- Develop a Thought Leader program to bring in high-level influencers to contribute to the Stage 32 mission by being active in the community through blog posts, the lounge and social media.
- Develop a group of Brand Ambassadors to create an army of Super Fans to spread awareness for Stage 32's initiatives on social media and other outlets.
- Develop an Affiliate program to let people sell Stage 32's products and receive an affiliate commission.
- Be able to identify strengths and weaknesses in our Thought Leaders and Brand Ambassadors and ensure we are only bringing on A+ members who are Super Fans onto the team.
- Participate in the Introduce Yourself Lounge every day and lead your team once a month in Introduce Yourself Weekend to ensure you have an army of Thought Leaders and Brand Ambassadors carrying the Stage 32 Mission.
- Oversee high level bloggers to contribute to the Stage 32 blog, ensuring our position as the global leader at the cutting edge of information for entertainment.
- Proficiency in:
- Google shared docs
- Office Suite - Word, PowerPoint and a major focus on Excel
- Understanding of or willingness to learn:
- Google Analytics
- Sales Force Marketing Cloud
- Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Tik Tok, Discord, Reddit
- Go to Meeting/Go to Webinar, Zoom
- Ability to stay on top of various tasks at a time.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks using a Value Time Spend model.
- Ability to identify and define opportunities for enhancing company processes.
- Highly digitally organized with strong attention to detail.
- Initiative and ability to work unsupervised.
- Excelling in a fast-paced environment.