Sync Licensing Manager
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Sync Licensing Manager jobs in Nashville-TN
Search all Sync Licensing Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sync Licensing Manager? Sprockets music is a global music publishing house specializing in music for film and television. Sprockets has an extremely diverse catalog of original music and one of the largest world music catalogs currently available. Sprockets is seeking a Sync Licensing Manager to represent Sprockets to music supervisors around the world.
The key function of this role is to seek out, make contact with, and form relationships with video game, film, and television music supervisors, ad agencies, and other media outlets for purposes of securing music placement and licensing opportunities. For the individual already equipped with relationships in these spheres, this position will require you to actively maintain those relationships. This position will also network and foster new relationships with key stakeholders in the film and television industries. Creativity and initiative in building these relationships is a must, and as a commission-based position, will also be highly lucrative.
Detailed Job Description:
• Research weekly video game, film, TV, and radio production schedules in order to offer music from Sprockets' catalog appropriate for their project.
• Initiate conversations and build relationships with producers, directors, agents, managers and agencies in video games, film, TV, and radio production.
• Maintain relationships with Sprockets writers to update them on video game, film and TV projects and assists in pitching them into specific placement opportunities.
• Coordinate with Sprockets Management to negotiate and close Synch Licensing deals.
• Coordinate with and support contract administration staff to ensure licenses are being drafted and delivered in a timely manner.
• Act as internal point person on deals and maintain ownership and responsibility for deal from request through confirmation.
• Coordinate with various Sprockets departments (marketing, sales, promotion, etc) to gather artist and marketing campaign information and attend general marketing and related artist-specific planning meetings (in person, teleconference, video conferences, etc.)
• Send out e-mail blasts and other forms of Sprockets' promotion in coordination with department coordinator/assistant/intern.
• Self-starter, self-motivated, and demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
• A minimum of three (3) years of responsible experience creating, developing and maintaining significant relationships in the Film & TV Music community specifically within music publishing, record label, film or TV production company or music supervisor.
• A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the requirements of the position.
• Ability to create and maintain relationships with customers; demonstrates a high level of creativity in their music recommendations, projects etc.
• Knowledge of general industry-standard business practices, and possess a strong work ethic, strong organization skills, strong communication skills (written and verbal), and pays high attention to detail and deadlines.
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments.
• Produce quality work and be accountable while working individually and in a team.
• Demonstrated ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within the scope of work. Anticipates needs and creates efficient and effective processes.
• Preferred: has some knowledge of the needs of specific cultures and geographies in order to successfully promote world music catalog.
• Commission-based salary with expected income of $35,000 and up.
Do not contact Sprockets, its employees, employee's families, affiliates, clients or anyone associated with Sprockets through any means except this job posting.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $35,000.00 per year