Vice President, Live Game and Long-Form Production
SportsnetNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/2/2021 8:15:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Vice President, Live Game and Long-Form Production jobs in New York-NY
Search all Vice President, Live Game and Long-Form Production postings
Full Time Job
Vice President, Live Game and Long-Form Production- Sportsnet
• Oversee all in-house and third-party live game productions, including, but not limited to, Mets Baseball, UCONN Women's Basketball, Men's College Basketball, and Connecticut Ice.
• Identify, secure, and oversee all live game production staff and Talent (including backfill bench) for Mets, UCONN, Connecticut Ice, and one-off productions.
• Serve as the primary senior point of contact and liaison with live game On-Air Talent; providing feedback, managing expectations, negotiating agreements, and guiding the overall relationship with the network.
• Establish, coordinate, and maintain standards for all in-house and third party-produced live and long-form original content.
• Research and stay abreast of new technology and production methods that will allow SNY to maintain its leadership position in live game production, presentation, and efficiency.
• Assign and maintain schedule for live game production Talent and staff.
• Host or attend recurring SNY meetings with various departments such as Production, Sales, Marketing, Content, and Public Relations.
• Conduct on-going one-on-one critique/feedback sessions with applicable Talent and Producers.
• Oversee live remote game and original programming graphic design and creation of show theme music.
• Lead production collaboration with the Sales team at the ideation phase and then oversee all sales enhancement executions for SNY-originated and third-party productions.
• Develop and maintain relationships with counterparts at peer networks to build consensus on production matters, stay abreast of relevant changes/improvements in the industry, and find partnership efficiencies.
• Build strong relationships with key programming partners' (including Mets, MLB, Jets, UCONN and Connecticut Ice colleges) front office, administration, coaches, etc. to ensure maximum cooperation, access, and communication.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with internal colleagues, including but not limited to the SVP of Content Development and Chief Revenue Officer.
• Oversee live game and long-form linear TV production budgets; approve departmental and direct report expenses.
• Maintain staff and freelance Talent contract status spreadsheets, paying particular attention to expiration and related trigger dates.
• Manage live game production and talent upgrade appearance fees.
• Coordinate and communicate daily with all pertinent departments to ensure proper broadcast execution
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in sports television production experience as an Executive/Coordinating Producer, Producer, or Director.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience managing a team of multiple direct reports with demonstrated success.
• Previous experience managing on-air Talent.
• Bachelor's degree in a related area of study preferred, or relevant work experience.
• Strong production experience, including show and live event management and creation, ideally in a major market; significant experience and interest in baseball is preferred.
• Must have strong knowledge of viewing habits and media consumption patterns and a great awareness of the latest trends in a changing media landscape.
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume / CV through the link below
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Willing to be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• It is the policy of SNY to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Must have a passion and strong knowledge of baseball and have a keen interest in following Major League Baseball games and storylines.
• Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be a collaborative leader who works well with others, in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude and ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends and holidays.