Producer / Editor - Sportsnet
SportsnetNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Director, Video Content Creation, the Producer/Editor will write, shoot, produce and edit short form and long form video/audio/visual content for SNY.tv and SNY's social media channels, as well as handling publishing and distribution responsibilities for the material.
This role also includes graphics responsibility, including the creation of animations and motion graphics for short form and long form video, and photoshop work for static graphics and video thumbnails.
The Producer/Editor will also help manage SNY's social media presence to maintain consistent voice and assist with audience interaction across social media platforms, and will also have a hand in managing and publishing content on SNY€™s YouTube channel.
• Produce video, images and GIFs for use across SNY.tv and social media platforms
• Create, write, shoot and edit short- and long-form content assets that can be leveraged across multiple platforms
• Optimize linear content to be published on SNY.tv and social platforms
• Build audience engagement with an understanding of data and analytics, identifying and monitoring trends
• Assist in podcast production
• Design and create graphics for SNY.tv and social platforms content with fast turnaround time
• Brainstorm with others for topical content that fits within the brand
• Pitch concepts for original digital features and video series
• Contribute ideas for and help write scripts for various branded content series and sponsorship opportunities
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years of experience producing digital, social, and multiplatform content
• Strong interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
• Must be proficient in using the following editing systems: AVID, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume / CV through the link below
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU€™s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Creative self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to work across departments and on teams effectively
• Passionate sports fan with broad knowledge of the sports industry and New York market
• Strong editorial judgment
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Previous experience in a breaking news environment is a plus
• Experience with the following systems/cameras a plus: Tellyo, Snapstream, Wowza, DSLR, Sony FS7 iPhone 8 , Go Pros