Sports Deals Reporter
SporticoNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/15/2021 6:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Sports Deals Reporter jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sports Deals Reporter postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sports Deals Reporter?
Full Time Job
Sportico: Sports Deals Reporter
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
Sportico is hiring a dogged, well-sourced Sports Deals Reporter to cover the private equity and sports deals industry. The Sports Deals Reporter will have a passion for breaking news and solid sources at every level of the industry who is interested in joining a dynamic publishing startup.
We are seeking a tireless reporter and strong writer with deep sourcing within the finance and sports industries, from private equity to leagues, teams and media companies. The Sports Deals Reporter must be passionate about breaking news, with an eye for exclusives.
The right candidate will be able to identify and report on breaking news and bigger picture industry stories and will be able to quickly and accurately report on sports finance news.
• Sports finance or business reporting experience (5 years)
• Be able to analyze, interpret financial disclosures
• Build pipeline to report exclusives
• Be a self-starter, enterprising
• Provide real-time coverage and produce daily updates on events impacting the sports business world.
• Identify, recommend and develop feature stories surrounding the latest industry developments
• Implement digital journalistic strategies to enhance reports and engage audience interest
• Develop relationships with new information sources
Sportico is a digital content platform providing sports industry news, data, insights, strategies, leadership and live media experiences for professionals in the $500 billion sports industry. Launched by PMC in 2020 as the global media and publishing leader in the business of sports, Sportico has offices in New York and Los Angeles with reporters throughout the world committed to providing breaking news in the sports business industry. Sportico's parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and Information Services Company founded in 2003.