Senior Motion Graphics Artist
Sphere EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/3/2023 4:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Senior Motion Graphics Artist jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Motion Graphics Artist postings
Full Time Job
Temp - Senior Motion Graphics Artist
Who are we hiring?
This is a Senior Motion Graphics role joining the growing Sphere team in early development of technology and content for the Sphere studio. Initially, this artist would work alongside camera, production innovations and creative development teams to enable both process and ideation in support of content delivery. This artist will be a part of a larger post-production team, creating final content for the Sphere venue.
What will you do?
• Working closely with leadership in creative development, production, post-production, and playback, this position is ideal for good communicators with a positive attitude and creative problem solving.
• This role is part of a production artist group exploring and developing a unique language for Sphere, in collaboration with a creative development team.
• Motion Graphics Artists are responsible for applying design thinking to solving Sphere-specific content challenges.
• This Senior Motion Graphics Artist will need to work in a lead role by guidance other artists, and produce content as an artist, at a high level.
• Work with supervisor to address notes from client or creative team to finalize shots.
• Assist supervisor with creating schedules and timelines for projects.
• Assist supervisor in recruiting and training a world class motion design team.
• Provide instruction and guidance, including the creation of templates and tools, to the team with respect to exosphere specifications.
• Troubleshoot technical aspects of shots for various projects running simultaneously.
• Work closely with supervisor to research and develop best practices to improve workflow.
• Mentor and train junior level artists to improve skill set and quality.
• Create templates in Nuke and After Effects for workflow efficiencies.
• Create complex animation in Cinema4D and other 3D programs.
• Provide instruction and guidance, including the creation of templates and tools.
• Provide documentation of tools and techniques for departmental reference.
• Work with a collaborative team to solve complex challenges and contribute to the team’s best practices and workflows from development to compositing.
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed by supervisor.
What do you need to succeed?
• Demo reel/portfolio demonstrating variety of motion design work.
• Proficiency equivalent to 5-10 years of experience working as mograph artist / 2D/3D animator.
• Experience working as a motion designer or animator within high-end VFX pipelines for commercials, VR, Film, TV or theme parks a plus.
• Previous work experience in VR or spherical projects desired.
• Expert knowledge in C4D, Maya and Adobe Creative Suite expertise required, with adaptability across other potential software such as Houdini, Z-Brush, Blender, Resolve/Fusion, and other 2D or 3D digital content creation tools.
• Knowledge or rendering engines such as Redshift and others.
• Track record of leading small to larger teams of motion designers and animators.
• Exceptional attention to visual and typographical aesthetics.
• Ability to lead projects from concept to deployment.
• Positive attitude and proven track record in creative problem solving with expressed interest in new technology and processes.
• Software agnosticism a plus; adaptability to new pipelines and utilization of provided tools is critical.
• Senior Motion Graphics Artists will report to the Motion Graphics Supervisor, working closely with post-production management, Post Supervisors, and creative development teams.
• The role requires a self-directed “design-minded” work ethic helping to establish the language and medium of Sphere.