Senior Motion Designer
Sphere EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/1/2023 6:41:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Senior Motion Designer jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Motion Designer postings
Full Time Job
Who are we hiring?
As an integral part to the creative development, experience and design team at Sphere Studios, Motion Designers are an integral part of our Design and Creative team, responsible for the design and animation of visual content and concepts across a gamut of immersive experiences at MSG Sphere. The ideal candidate is progressive, forward thinking, values design, storytelling, animation, innovation, and enjoys pushing the creative boundaries to visualize the unseen. They work with the Creative Directors, Art Directors and Writers to ideate and express visual concepts during the creative development phase and contribute to the execution of large-scale content production, delivering world class ideas and first-of-its-kind experiences and innovations. We are looking for an adventurous teammate, with a refined aesthetic, strong design skills, impeccable craft and strong 2D / 3D design and animation skills who is highly motivated by the challenge of developing content for our world-first medium and platform.
What will you do?
• Collaborate with Creative Directors and/or Art Directors in the design and execution of original, scalable animated content – across the spectrum of concepting, storytelling, prototyping and envisioning ideas
• Develop animation storyboards, style frames, animatics and final, production-ready motion design assets
• Find inspiration and help develop creative concepts and mood boards
• Receive and discuss feedback on design with an open mind; be nimble, and able to rapidly pivot
• Design presentation decks to package and sell the ideas
• Visualize innovative new experiences that push the boundaries and norms behind storytelling and experience design
• Visualize design frames fluently in 2D and 3D with motion and storytelling in mind
What do you need to succeed?
• 6 years in a fast-paced professional creative production studio in Motion Graphics Design
• Strong Proficiency in Motion Graphics Design skills including 3D modeling, animation, particle effects and rendering
• Demonstrated mastery of comping design and style frames using Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, etc)
• Animation skills with proficiency Adobe After Effects and 3D Software - C4D and other 3D (e.g. Maya, ZBrush) Blender), plug-ins (e.g. Red Giant, X-Particles) and render programs (e.g. Octane, RedShift, V-Ray or Arnold)
• Articulate in communicating ideas, concepts, thinking behind your process, and suggest creative solutions for production methods to remain agile and efficient.
• Able to work in varying degrees of fidelity, from sketching, prototyping through production (speed vs quality)
• Strong teamwork collaboration and relationship building skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of and active research practice in visual trends, emerging creative technologies, best practices and experimental approaches in design, immersive experiential, marketing and brand communications
• A highly motivated self-starter, meticulous, and obsessively detail oriented with highly developed organizational skills for proper workflow and asset management, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
• Experience delivering end-to-end design across media types, screens, formats and technologies
HYBRID / IN OFFICE
- This role is hybrid in office 4 days a week, 1 day remote
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
Will this role require travel? Does this role have specific physical demands? Will this job require operation of a vehicle?