Senior Manager Production - Atrium
Sphere EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/5/2023 1:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Senior Manager Production - Atrium jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Manager Production - Atrium postings
Full Time Job
Who are we hiring?
Sphere is looking for a Senior Manager Production to join a groundbreaking show production department based in Los Angeles. The Senior Manager Production will report to the Senior Director of Production, working closely with Creative, Design, Venue Ops, and Sales teams. As the central creative and technical production team for all MSG Sphere Atrium projects, we strive to create world-class experiences at an unprecedented scale from the moment guests walk through the doors of Sphere.
The Senior Manger Production will be responsible for delivering complex projects around the production and programming of the immersive Sphere venue space. The Senior Manager Production must be a creative thinker and ambitious problem-solver and will be responsible for the conceptualization and production of guest experiences across residencies, attractions, and corporate events. They are required to manage all aspects of this workstream including production design, vendor relationships, and budget management from budget creation to tracking to reporting.
Critical to this role is having the ability speak creatively and technically in equal measure. Excellent time-management skills, deep knowledge of the latest trends in live entertainment and stage / immersive production, experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously, and smooth style of communication are critical. Must be collaborative and comfortable with cross-functional teams in a matrix environment. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Production, and works closely with other key production, creative, technical and executive staff.
What will you do?
Play a central role in venue production design for key audience moments in their immersive Sphere Experience, musical residencies, attractions, and corporate events.
• Responsible for the exploration of cutting-edge production technology and their physical installation in the space.
• Work alongside stakeholders across the organization, as well as technical vendors of many disciplines (lighting, AV, audio, projection, fabrication, engineering, etc.).
• Develop and tailor technical plans to fit project needs. This role will work closely with creatives around the organization to bring their vision to life -- find the tech, develop a plan to test it (and find the ways it can break!), and build the plan to implement it.
• Drive quality projects to on-time completion in alignment with approved timelines, budget, deliverables and scope. Proactively identify project risks and dependencies.
• Seek out, develop, and manage vendor sourcing and relationships, including defining specifications and deliverables, monitoring payments, and maintaining an ongoing understanding of vendor capacity and capabilities.
• Build and present project proposals that effectively communicate production concepts and feasibility.
What do you need to succeed?
BA/BS in media, theater, business or equivalent practical experience; advanced education is a plus.
• 8 years of experience producing large-scale live events, immersive installations, or activations using cutting-edge experiential/creative technology.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Proficient in CAD (Vectorworks, or similar), and a wiz at creating detailed and informative diagrams and presentations to communicate complex ideas to partners and vendors.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and presentation software (e.g., Powerpoint, Keynote) a must.
• A deep understanding of the process of fabrication and integrating technology into custom builds.
• A high-level understanding of live production technical disciplines, including lighting, video displays, projection mapping, general IT/networking, rigging, audio, fabrication.
• Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with business stakeholders and senior management.
• Travel to location as necessary (15%).