Senior Concept Artist
Sphere EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/4/2023 10:41:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Senior Concept Artist jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Concept Artist postings
Full Time Job
Senior Concept Artist, Real Time
Who are we hiring?
The Sr. Concept Artist Real-time will be an integral member of the design team, visualizing early concepts to final designs across a gamut of immersive and experiential projects. The ideal candidate is forward thinking, values innovation and enjoys pushing through creative boundaries. A keen eye for lighting and rendering techniques is a major part of this artist's toolkit.
One focus will be designing the foundational visual language of the Exosphere, the exterior LED canvas running 24/7. Sphere Studios is looking to design and playback various animations in real-time, and when required, to be rendered out via sequencer for playback. The senior concept artist will play an active role in developing the overall look and tracking along with directors to ensure the look and feel is maintained. This candidate has deep knowledge of current real-time render engines and the ability to optimize assets for various resolutions and platforms.
We welcome multi-cultural storytellers who have universal and diverse perspectives and are excited about innovating design techniques for new formats.
What will you do?
• Proactive creative, with a keen eye for aesthetics and details that can generate content concepts specifically designed for a spherical canvas and produce cinematics in our digital twin model using Unreal Engine.
• Advanced knowledge of industry standard DCC software to develop immersive and engaging visual content.
• Present and articulate design ideas clearly and work closely with Creative Director and Art Director on fast paced concept pitches.
• Organized and able to adhere to project deadlines and milestones, managing time effectively to deliver artwork and concepts within the specified timelines.
• Able to generate concept art, such as motion graphics, environments, and other scene elements; ensuring scenes are optimized to be played back in real-time setting and rendered out via se-quencer.
• Translate ideas, narratives, and other mechanics into compelling visual representations for the spherical canvas, at times independently and other times collaboratively with design team. This may include specific assignments such as:
o Pre-visualization key creative concepts in UE, produce stills and animations.
o Asset build and potential for look dev/lighting for early conceptual compositing.
• Maintain a strong understanding of the project's artistic direction and consistently deliver high-quality artwork that aligns with the creative direction.
• Takes initiative in updating templates and processes for department toolkits, ensure all artwork is properly backed up, organized, and stored appropriately.
• Iterate and refine concepts based on feedback from the Art Director and other stakeholders, en-suring the final artwork meets the project's requirements.
• Collaborate with the technical team to understand the limitations and possibilities of Unreal Engine and implement the concepts within the real-time environment.
• Stay up to date with industry trends, techniques, and tools related to real-time concept art and Unreal Engine to continually improve skills and knowledge.
• Actively participate in brainstorming sessions, offering creative ideas and solutions to enhance the overall visual experience of the project.
• Maintain open communication and collaborate with team, directors, and other departments to en-sure a cohesive and visually consistent experience.
What do you need to succeed?
• 5 year’s experience as a Real-time Artist or Visual Development Artist creating concept artwork for animation, film or spatial multimedia projects, installations, live shows.
• Experience creating content for global brands a plus.
• Unique point of view, strong design foundation to execute on the creative vision.
• Enjoys ideation and iteration in a creative exploration process.
• Is an enthusiastic team player, who genuinely enjoys working and collaborating with others.
• Strong time-management skills and verbal and written communication skills.
• Willingness to take feedback, criticism and rework material while maintaining a fresh perspective.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work under fast paced, high pressure with short deadlines.
• A portfolio showing self-produced work.