Senior Art Director
Sphere EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/1/2023 5:41:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Senior Art Director jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Art Director postings
Full Time Job
Who are we hiring?
The Senior Art Director is a hands-on creative craftsperson and out-of-the-box thinker with a proven aesthetic and diverse portfolio. This role requires a honed eye, a skilled hand and proven experience in shaping world class experiences across large canvases that entertain global audiences. You have strong ideation chops and can express your vision verbally and in presentation format. The Senior Art Director has their pulse on new technology, visual trends and pop-culture and can pitch big ideas that push the bar. You will be establishing a richly textured aesthetic for the world's most watched public display, the Exosphere, commercial ad partners and experiential activations.
What will you do?
• Lead the visual development and execution of creative concepts and deliverables for all business use cases at Sphere, with a strategic approach to art direction, innovating efficiency in design while maintaining highest quality standards
• Strong 3D experience and ability to lead designs teams and give direction to animation teams
• Be a key player in the research, visual development and delivery of creative pitches & proposals for brand partnerships and ads
• Work with the Creative Director to respond to client & stakeholder feedback, fulfill strategic objectives, help to steward the creative integrity of projects
• Partner with the production team to ensure that concepts and designs are achievable within budget and timescale.
• Champion and support the design process cross-departmentally, ensuring design goals and experience principles are upheld
• Be a foundational lead of art direction for the design team, building and leading a team of exceptionally talented designers
• Creating bold, iconic concepts and designs for non-traditional, physical installations and screens
• Experience designing for emerging tech and/or real-time content is a huge plus
What do you need to succeed?
• 7 years of experience in developing innovative and engaging experiential concepts across digital and physical platforms
• Demonstrated creative and design excellence with career progression in your portfolio
• Proven track record of working in experiential activations at scale, with experience in, live events, television, film or commercial content, immersive experiences with brand and cultural clients preferred
• Expert at visualizing concepts across a wide range of mediums
• Advanced Proficiency in relevant design software (ex. Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote, After Effects, and 3D software etc.)
• Expert in art direction with a diversity of look development
• Demonstrated ability in written communication and presentation copy writing
• Articulate and charismatic speaker who can lead discussions and captivate a room
• Objective listening skills with the ability to formulate information into concepts and designs that are technically and economically viable
• Reliable decision-making capabilities, based on solid understanding of how to balance creative expression, pragmatic design, and business needs
• Strategic and agile thinker who can pivot the creative and evolve design to meet shifting needs
• Concept artists, Visual and Graphic Designers and Illustrators
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
• Requires occasional travel