Sphere EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/6/2023 5:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Content Creator Category
Browse the Crew Category
Search for Director Production jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Director Production postings
Full Time Job
Director Production - Project Based
Who are we hiring?
Sphere Entertainment Co. is looking for a Director of Production to join a highly collaborative production department based in Los Angeles. As the creative content shop for Sphere projects, we strive to deliver content that has never been witnessed before on displays that have never been seen at this scale. This role will direct a team of coordinators and assistants while overseeing the day-to-day production logistics of multiple projects while developing budgets, schedules, travel movements in adherence to studio polices.
Reporting to the VP of Production, the primary focus of this role will be ensuring the productions for our Content Library are fully supported both creatively and logistically while maintaining fiscal responsibility in addition to our Sphere Experiences, Residencies, Touring Acts, and Technical Tests. You will be collaborating with the internal Capture team while overseeing the sourcing of external crew, equipment, and locations as well as the timely delivery of media to internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal Director of Production has physical production experience in television, film, and commercials who possesses the ability to quickly problem solve unforeseen circumstances while maintaining the creative vision of the project. They should have a proven track record of delivering successful projects in accordance with deadlines and locked budgets. Strong interpersonal skills will allow them the ability to manage large crews and maintain effective communication with leadership.
What will you do?
• Oversee productions from development to delivery including production schedules, estimates, and logistics and technical needs for Sphere content creation
• Support the VP of Production overseeing a production office including line producing responsibilities, production management, resource management, budgeting and scheduling.
• Maintain production processes and templates that include:
o Cast and Crew Onboarding
o Payroll and Accounting – reconciliation
o Locations: scouting/permitting/agreements
o Insurance Documents
o Wrap Documentation
• Liaise with the Creative and Technical departments to ensure that crew needs are met
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to meet project deadlines
• Implement best-in-class Production Management tools to manage shoots and productions
• Maintain relationships with external vendors ensuring all deliverables are met
• Contribute to weekly inter-departmental meetings
• Work with film commissions and production service companies to research possible locations and tax credits
What do you need to succeed?
• Domestic and international production experience working within various budget levels
• Proficiency in Movie Magic Budgeting and Excel
• 10 years of experience producing live action, studio or independent productions
• Experience with large format/360 content creation preferred
• Advanced organizational skills with ability to create executive presentations, budget summaries, production plans, multi-project timelines, etc.
• A confident, professional, and persuasive communication style with senior leaders and team
• Ability to motivate and support team members and while fostering growth opportunities
• Creative problem-solving and strategic thinking skills
• Ability to prioritize in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
• Experience researching domestic and international production tax credits and incentives
• Oversee direct reports including production coordinators and production assistants
• This role requires the ability to organize, manage, and lead both internal and external personnel
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
• Role will require some travel to locations via air &/or vehicle, domestic and internationally to provide production support
• Role may require some travel to/from LA to Las Vegas