Business Affairs Specialist
Spectrum OriginalsCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Spectrum Originals is seeking a Business Affairs Specialist to support our team. The successful candidate will have strong experience supporting executives in the entertainment industry, and is passionate about growing a career on the deal side of the television business.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
• Will support Spectrum Original's Head of Business Affairs & Strategic Planning specifically and the Original Content team generally.
• Coordinate and communicate with other departments regarding all things Spectrum Originals
• Develop strong working relationships with Spectrum's internal departments, specifically including Finance, Procurement, Marketing and Legal.
• Develop knowledge and nuanced understanding of the entertainment industry
• Manage and track contracts and agreements from initial request through execution
• Manage and track invoices and purchase orders, working closely with outside vendors to insure timely payments
• General clerical and administrative duties including answering phones, meeting and schedule coordination, preparing expense reports and purchasing requests, producing correspondence, and travel coordination
• Coordinate and provide support for team meetings, events, and conferences
• Manage all scheduling and calendar for Executive
• Schedule department meetings
• Prepare presentations for internal/external meetings
• Understanding of delivery requirements to streaming platforms or similar
• Maintains standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents
• Track and manage vendor payments in Ariba( Spectrum internal payment processing system)
• Maintain an awareness of the Executive's obligations in order to proactively assist and/or anticipate needs
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
Excellent phone management skills and etiquette
Excellent interpersonal skills
Familiarity with production budgets and production schedules
Demonstrated proficiency with Google docs and dropbox
Service oriented and passionately curious about the television business
Demonstrated proficiency with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate overtime as needed
Ability to handle multiple tasks, respond quickly to shifting priorities and function in a demanding environment with competing and changing priorities
A self-starter who is able to work both independently and function well within a team. No egos, please!
Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment where flexibility, keeping others informed and anticipating needs is essential
Strong analytical capabilities and judgment
Detail oriented, organized and able to multi-task
Demonstrated proactive problem solving skills
Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
Knowledge related to unions and guilds, production tax incentives, and international co-productions helpful
Bachelor's Degree required
Related Work Experience
1+ years supporting an Executive in an administrative capacity at a Production Company, Agency or Studio
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Spectrum Originals is a premier destination for premium original series available exclusively to Spectrum video subscribers on-demand and ad-free. This free service launched with the Sony and Bruckheimer-produced drama ''L.A.'s Finest,'' starring Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba. Additional projects include the highly anticipated revival of ''Mad About You'' starring original cast Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt and the Lionsgate series ''Manhunt: Lone Wolf.'' An initiative of Charter Communications, Spectrum Originals is the latest expansion of Charter Communication's market-leading video offerings, which include regional sports networks and its award-winning Spectrum News services.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online