Spectrum News AlbanyKingston, NY
Full Time Job
Responsible for going out in the field to shoot video and sound bites, to interview and obtain information in order to accurately and thoroughly report a story, and assist the reporters. News Assistants are also responsible for writing and editing stories that are shot in the field. Duties may also include wheel producing, control room producing, and assignment desk responsibilities on a fill in basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Shoots appropriate video and sound bites.
• Checks equipment and notify ENG of equipment problems.
• Conducts interviews.
• Gathers information.
• Write and edit VOSOT's.
• Determines best way to shoot the story.
• Requires traveling to story location.
• Driver's License required.
• Assists the news truck.
• Assists reporters.
• Relays information in the field back to the station.
• Coordinates with assignment desk and producer.
• Logs in information and enters information into computer.
• Fill in at the Assignment Desk.
• Trains in the field.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Trained to control room produce and wheel produce.
• Fill in when needed (full or partial days.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree preferred; major in journalism or communication preferred.
• 1-2 experience in news gathering or related field.
• Must be able to use and have knowledge of common television newsroom computer systems and software, with ability to learn new software systems, including non-linear editing systems.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online