Southbay Motion Picture Technologies, Inc.Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Southbay Motion Picture Technologies is a research and engineering studio specializing in 3D Conversion, Visual Effects and Post-Production technology for film and T.V. With global facilities in Hollywood, China and Europe, our team of creative supervisors and researchers uses high-performance computing to remove the tedious, manual tasks from post-production, providing greater creative flexibility and unmatched cost-savings for our clients.
We are looking for a CG Supervisor to join our team in Hollywood, CA.
The CG Supervisor collaborates with Project and Studio Leadership to determine and manage the technical approach needed to achieve the creative and quality goals of the project within the project budget, schedule, and resources.
• Work closely with VFX Supervisor, Producers, artists and other necessary departments in creating high quality visual effects
• Provide clear direction to all VFX departments, both in LA and China, setting clear objectives and monitoring the process, progress and results
• Clearly brief developers on R&D and pipeline requirements
• Determine, modify and maintain the most effective and efficient technical approach and workflow possible
• Lead the Technical Directors (TDs) in solving day-to-day issues, and pro-actively eliminate potential problems in pipeline tools before they impact the production
• Assist and supervise the artist in achieving all technical aspects of production including assets dev, rigging, animation, lighting, and FX
• Keep up on current technology trends and tools (hardware and software) that best suits the production and VFX in the development of a stronger creative technical environment
• Collaborate with CCO, VFX Supervisor and Production to design and implement the technical, artistic pipeline and workflow, and made sure the tools for the project are up to the task
• Train the team members and review their work, ensuring high standard results
• Work with Creative Resources to define recruiting goals to achieve the appropriate balance of qualified artists.
• 5 years of work experience as a supervisor in a film/TV with the ability to ensure artists work is of a high standard both artistically and technically
• Excellent organizational, communication and project management skills
• A thorough understanding of the visual effects process and the ability to interpret the artistic brief from the VFX supervisor
• Good technical understanding of CG pipelines and the ability to specify efficient workflows and identify additional tools required
• Excellent working knowledge of Nuke, Houdini and/or RealFlow, Shotgun and, experience with V-ray and/or Arnold is an preferred
• Knowledge of Python scripting considered a big plus.
• Excellent Maya skills including a good understanding of modelling, texturing, look development, lighting and colour, particles, fluids and dynamics and excellent attention to details
• Thorough understating of the various technical and creative aspect of production for CG animation
• Complete understanding of all areas of 3D (modeling, rigging, texturing, look development, environments, creature FX, lighting and FX), as well as understanding of the 2D pipeline is essential
• Proven team leadership, strong motivational skills and willingness to share knowledge
• Previous experience with team management and task assignment is required
• Technically and creatively astute
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• A strong Demo Reel showing artistic sensibility, and creative problem solving
• Previous experience training, mentoring and recruiting CG artists
• Must have a sense of strong team dynamics and positive morale generating style
• A degree in computer science, math or engineering would be considered an asset
Contracted position lasting between 2-3 months, possibly longer.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online