Software Support Engineer
South By SouthwestAustin, TX
Full Time Job
Support our customers and developers as we build, maintain, and integrate world-class solutions for our employees and attendees. Learn to develop software in the SXSW ecosystem and contribute code to our projects.
SXSW aims to have the best event technology in the world every year and we rely heavily on proprietary, internally developed software to make that a reality.
The software team is made up of 10 talented designers and developers. We enjoy turning out high-quality work and take pride in SXSW's mission of helping creative people achieve their goals.
include but are not limited to:
• Provide 1st line technical support to SXSW customers via Zendesk, email and phone.
• Collaborate with the tech team to continuously improve tech support processes.
• Work with developers on customer-led improvements to SXSW tools and systems.
• Learn to contribute code to SXSW software projects.
• 1 years of experience developing web applications
• 2 years of experience providing tech support
• A strong desire to grow application development skills
• Experience working on technology or production for events/conferences/tradeshows/concerts a huge plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong customer service ethos
• Problem solving ability in high intensity, time-sensitive situations
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Familiarity and interest in Web Application Development techniques
• Filemaker Pro experience a plus - ability to learn and adapt to Filemaker is a requirement
• Ruby on Rails experience a plus - ability to learn and adapt to Rails is a requirement.
Frequently required to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. Manual dexterity is required for keyboard and computer use.
Position is located in Austin, Texas. Core business office hours are Mon-Fri, 10am – 6pm. Must be available to work additional hours from January – March to include evenings and weekends.
On Site Responsibilities:
• Work shifts for and support other departments onsite as necessary
• Ability to stay upwards of 14 consecutive days/nights away from home