Planning Department Intern
South By SouthwestAustin, TX
Part Time Unpaid Internship
This internship will run January 2020 to April 2020
The SXSW Planning department operates at the center of all things SXSW. The department intern will be working extensively on the logistics and details of our events, as well as assist in contracting, managing, detailing and executing many aspects of the March event. The intern will get a well-rounded experience in event management as they work closely with the Planning department to complete pre-event, on site, and post-event tasks.
What you will Learn:
• How to input Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) including food and beverage, audio visual, utilities, furniture and signage
• How to assist in the advancement of Affiliate Functions and contract preparation through effective communication with clients, internal stakeholders and hotels
• Advancing the logistics aspects of the Taco Meetups; includes but is not limited to creating diagrams, advancing and contracting with vendors, assisting the Production department, fulfilling Health permits, and on-site support
• Management of all aspects of the Pop Up Performances in the Austin Convention Center; includes but is not limited to scheduling and communicating with performers, ordering utilities and audio visual,set-up and tear-down, and onsite support
• How to coordinate the annual SXSW Staff Dinner through contracting a venue, confirming the menu, sending invitations and confirming numbers, and being the on-site point of contact
• How to prepare daily documentation
• How to form and maintain relationships with many venues and vendors
• Attend site visits, walk-throughs and meetings as needed
• Must be a degree-seeking student preferably enrolled in Event Management, Business or a similar major
• Have prior experiences in an event management or logistics role
• Knowledge in meeting planning procedures and hotel and venue policies
• Highly organized self starter with a drive to learn
• Superb communication skills and must feel comfortable working in a team
• Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Suite
Position is located in downtown Austin, Texas. Core business office hours are Mon – Fri, 10am – 6pm; intern must be available at least 15 hours per week and additional hours in March. Parking accommodations are not provided.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Website: Apply At Employer's Site Apply Online