Paid Intern - Partner Programming, Sessions
South By SouthwestAustin, TX
Part Time Paid Internship
(I) Partner Programming Intern - Sessions
SXSW strives to curate and showcase inspiring, creative, and forward-thinking content, attracting the brightest minds in the industry. The Partner Programming department supports collaboration between the Programming and Business Development teams to ensure Session and Music programming presented by Sales and Sponsorship Clients meets SXSW and SXSW EDU standards. This position will learn about day-to-day operations, speaker advancement, and data entry.
Duties & Responsibilities
The candidate will learn how to:
• Effectively collaborate and communicate with various internal stakeholders, Clients (whether with Clients directly or their agency(s), and artist teams in a fast-paced environment.
• Maintain Session updates and continuity across database and software organization tools.
• Audit Session adherence to Conference guidelines.
• Track Session Speaker agreements.
• Track Client contracts and COIs with Business Development and Client Event teams.
• Ensure communication and distribution of client assets with different internal stakeholders.
• Proof online schedule listings for accuracy before they are live on the SXSW schedule.
• Contribute to photo shot lists for Clients.
The Partner Programming Sessions Intern performs On-Site help desk assistance, quality checks for Client Sessions across SXSW and SXSW EDU, and assists with Music Partner Programming Clients with an expectation to troubleshoot escalating any issue that should arise to the appropriate senior management where a solution cannot be found.
Qualifications & Skills
Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited university or college and live in Texas to be eligible for a SXSW Internship.
• Interest in brand marketing, conference, or event planning.
• Understanding of the latest trends related to the multiple tracks at SXSW and knowledge of currently trending companies from Fortune 500 to start-ups across music, entertainment, and technology sectors.
• Possess a proactive, collaborative, and organized working style with attention to detail.
• Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs/Sheets/Slides, Slack, and Airtable.
• Must be comfortable maintaining confidentiality.
Frequently required to sit, stand, or walk for long periods with or without accommodation. Keyboard and office equipment use, with or without accommodation. Typical office work environment. This position may require you to stay away from home during the event.
Work Location & Schedule
This position is located in Austin, Texas. Core business office hours are Mon-Fri, 10 am 6 pm. Must be available to work from October 2023 to March 2024. A time commitment of 12-16 hours a week is required. Candidates may have the ability to work remotely and in the office. This position may also receive preferential consideration for future SXSW hiring opportunities. This is a paid internship at $12.00/hr.