Paid Intern - Film & TV Production
South By SouthwestAustin, TX
This was removed by the employer on 9/29/2023 5:18:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Paid Intern - Film & TV Production jobs in Austin-TX
Search all Paid Intern - Film & TV Production postings
Part Time Paid Internship
(I) Film & TV Production Intern
The Film & TV department at SXSW seeks individuals eager to learn and help execute the many facets of event production leading up to and during the SXSW Film & TV Festival. An individual seeking this position should be interested in event production and willing to work hard.
What You Will Learn:
• How to prep and execute special events at a major festival
• How to implement festival production requirements on-site
• How to identify, analyze, and provide solutions to various production challenges
Duties & Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to:
• Assist the Film & TV Production Manger and other team members with various production preparations to build up the event.
• Track all Poster Design Competition entries and collaborate with the Poster Gallery Curator to plan and execute gallery build.
• Administrative tasks, as needed.
• Attend relevant departmental meetings.
• Assist the Film & TV Production Team to build, run, and striking all red carpets during the SXSW event.
• Assist with the Film & TV Production Team to build, maintain, and strike all Film & TV Festival venues.
• Help the Film & TV Production Manager to produce and run any Film & TV Festival Special Events.
• Maintain the Film & TV Production HQ during the week of the event.
• Assist Film & TV Production Admin with Poster Design Competition judging.
Qualifications & Skills
To be eligible for a SXSW Internship, you must be enrolled in an accredited university or college in Texas for the entire duration of the internship and be a resident of Texas.
• Be age 21 or older.
• Have a current state-issued driver's license.
• Have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
• Have an exceptional work ethic.
• Be solution-driven.
• Can work independently and collaboratively.
• Be able and willing to take initiative and ownership when required.
• Have a good attitude, time management skills, and a sense of professionalism.
• Possess good communication skills.
• Be able to adapt and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
• Working knowledge of Filemaker Pro, Google Workspace, and Mac OS is a plus.
Frequently required to sit, stand, or walk for long periods, with or without accommodation. Manual dexterity is required for keyboard, computer, and office equipment useability to lift and move 50lb with or without accommodation.
Work Location, Schedule & Pay
The position is located in Austin Internship position is located in Austin, Texas. A time commitment of 16 hours per week is required, and a minimum of 3 days per week at the office or working remotely (TBD). Core business office hours are Mon-Fri, 10 am 6 pm. Internship hours are flexible depending on class schedule and availability. Full-time availability (40 hours a week) is required during the event. This internship will be from January 2024 - March 2024. This is a paid internship at $12.00/hr.