Intern - Film Festival
South By SouthwestAustin, TX
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The SXSW Film department is seeking an individual who is eager to learn more about pre-event planning at a Film Festival. This will be a broad, hands-on introduction to the basics of internal operations, primarily focused on Festival Submissions. This internship will require interfacing with those who submit to the SXSW Film Festival and those who are ultimately invited to the festival, so great communication skills are a must. You must be currently enrolled in an accredited university or college to be eligible for the SXSW Film Festival Internship. Please note that this internship is unpaid.
What you will learn:
• How to interact with both the SXSW screening team and filmmakers
• How to troubleshoot various filmmaker and submission related issues
• How to use Filemaker Pro to become familiar with all of the 2020 films submitted to SXSW
• The ins and outs of internal operations at a major Film Festival
• Have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Have an exceptional work ethic with the ability to both multitask and work independently
• Be eager to dive in and help when they can
• Be able to take initiative when needed
• Have a good attitude, time management skills, and sense of professionalism
• Work well in a team setting
• Be able to adapt while maintaining composure in a fast paced environment
• Possess good communication skills and have proper phone and email etiquette
• Having a working knowledge of Filemaker Pro, Gmail, Google Calendar/Docs and Mac computers is a plus
Duties and Tasks:
• Field broken link requests from our Screeners and reach out to Filmmakers/Main Contacts to update link info in Filemaker database. Relaying updated information to our Screeners and following up with the Filmmakers/Main Contacts.
• Send coupons to Alumni filmmakers from our Alumni waiver response form and track and mark the submissions from Alumni in filemaker for our programmers.
• Assist Film Festival Admin with tracking extension requests and sending out coupons for extension submissions.
• Assist Film Festival Coordinator with proofing materials for both print materials (Pocket Guide and Austin Chronicle insert) and bulk emails.
• Assisting accepted filmmakers in receiving their filmmaker welcome packets, guest tickets, and printing badges.
This position runs September 2019 - April 2020 and requires a time commitment of 12-20 hours a week with a minimum of 3 days onsite in the SXSW office in downtown Austin. Full-time availability during SXSW 2020 (Friday, March 13 - Sunday, March 22) is required.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Website: Apply At Employer's Site Apply Online