Intern - Exhibitions
South By SouthwestAustin, TX
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The SXSW Exhibitions Team is seeking an intern to assist in the coordination of SXSW branded exhibitions, including the Trade Show, EDU Expo, Gaming Expo, Wellness Expo, Flatstock, Marketplace, and more during our March events. The intern will be responsible for guiding exhibitors through the logistics of exhibiting at SXSW, supporting the team with mass email communications for each exhibition, curating and scheduling specialty areas on the show floors, and a variety of other projects relating to exhibitions and event coordination. Data entry and administrative tasks related to event management will be required. The Exhibitions Team works closely with all departments within SXSW to ensure proper planning and execution of the show floors.
What you will learn:
• How to coordinate and manage various types of exhibitions , including all special events and programming within the footprint
• How to collaborate with multiple exhibitors, vendors, suppliers and various departments within the SXSW organization to achieve a common goal
• How to expand your communication skills through working with clients and colleagues
• Event planning and coordination within a multi-industry conference
• How to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Be a self-starter
• Have an interest in event planning and marketing
• Be highly organized
• Have excellent leadership qualities
• Have the ability to work independently and within a team
• Possess exceptional customer service
• Demonstrate good communication skills (email, phone and conversation)
• Show a strong attention to detail
• Have time-management skills
• Possess the ability to work with large groups of people
• Be proficient using Mac OS
This position runs January 2020 - April 2020. A time commitment of 10-20 hours a week with full-time availability during SXSW week, March 13th-22nd, is required. This internship is unpaid.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Website: Apply At Employer's Site Apply Online