Intern - Digital Media
South By SouthwestAustin, TX
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Reporting to the Web Content Team within the Communications Department, the Digital Media Intern's primary duties will be to assist with the development and curation of content for websites and social media channels managed by SXSW, LLC. The intern will help write copy for blogs and social media, format content on the website, and assist with programming research projects for promotions. Additionally, the intern will help source photos, track analytics, and assist in scheduling/monitoring on all platforms.
In lieu of a cover letter, please write a 300-500 word blog and 3 social media posts to promote the following video (Esther Perel on Workplace Dynamics | SXSW 2019).
What you will learn:
• The latest trends and strategies in digital media and content marketing
• How to source, edit, and create visually dynamic digital content
• How to craft compelling content for a global audience
• How to implement ad campaigns on various social media platforms
• Superb written and oral communication skills required
• Experience writing and editing content
• Image editing experience with tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Familiarity with social media platforms, specifically Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
• Interest in the creative industries
• Meticulous attention to detail; highly organized
• Works well within a team and independently on projects
• Self-starter who can multitask and solve problems quickly and accurately
• Be agile in a demanding environment
• Preferred, but not required: Experience with Hootsuite, WordPress, and Basic HTML
The position runs mid-late November 2019 – April 24, 2019. A time commitment of 15 hours a week with full-time availability during the SXSW event from March 13-22 is required. There will be longer hours leading up to the event, including optional Saturday meetings. This position requires living and working from Austin, Texas for the duration of stated dates.