Event Production Intern
South By SouthwestAustin, TX
This was removed by the employer on 9/29/2023 5:18:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Event Production Intern jobs in Austin-TX
Search all Event Production Intern postings
Part Time Paid Internship
(I) Event Production Intern
The SXSW Production Department coordinates logistics for various elements of SXSW Conference and Festivals, including all audio/visual orders and labor for the music festival, all production and site elements of outdoor concerts, and all festival lounges, as well as logistics for any performance stages across the entire festival including the Comedy Festivals stages, Film Festival stages, and Education Festival stages.
During the internship, students will gain significant exposure and experience to all aspects of event production and site logistics, including coordinating with artists, speakers, vendors, and venues, creating timelines and vendor acquisition, and above all, they will cultivate the solution-oriented, creative, and quick thinking mindset required to succeed in event production.
What You Will Learn:
• Gain exposure and experience in all aspects of event production.
• Coordination of artists, speakers, vendors, and venues.
• Cultivate a solution-oriented, creative, and quick-thinking mindset required to succeed in event productions.
• How to successfully stage manage a programming stage at an industry-standard level
• The workflow of creating production schedules and timelines for a major festival.
• The process of advancing, or how production works with artists and speakers to organize the onsite elements of their performance and presentation.
• Venue and vendor acquisition: the process of a walk-through, creating production orders, and working with the City of Austin to conceptualize and complete a large-scale event.
• Event software includes Filemaker, internal SXSW date software, and other event data management tools.
Qualifications & Skills
To be eligible for a SXSW Internship, you must be enrolled in an accredited university or college in Texas for the entire duration of the internship and be a resident of Texas.
• Have, or have an interest to acquire, knowledge of basic production technology
• Passion and skill in organizing digital assets, like paperwork or spreadsheets
• A calm attitude
• Be highly organized and solution-driven.
• Have excellent communication & customer service skills.
• Be comfortable working individually or with a team.
• Ability to adapt and thrive in a constantly changing environment.
• An aptitude for quick thinking and problem-solving.
Frequently required to sit, stand, or walk for long periods, with or without accommodation. Manual dexterity is required for keyboard, computer, and office equipment useoccasional lifting and moving objects of 20 pounds with accommodation if necessary. Schedules may vary during the on-site operational period.
Work Location, Schedule & Pay
This position is in Austin, TX, from January to March. We require a time commitment of 16 hours at the office or working remotely (TBD). Full-time availability is required during the event between 3/4/2024 and 3/16/2024. This is a paid internship at $12.00/hr